Anyone spend lots of $$$$$$ on sunglasses???
Jul 4, 2002 at 11:48 PM Post #2 of 52
I can't say if it's worth it or not, that's up to you. But I did put $500 myself into a pair of prescriptioned Oakley Juliets.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Jul 4, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 52
I don't know, is it me or does this seem kinda funny being heard from a group of people who spend $200-$300 easy on headphones? The most I have spent would be for Oakleys at around $70 for the Fives. I can't see paying more than $100 though. If you really don't have the cash, hang around Washington D.C. to score the counterfeit Oakleys.

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 52
I usually lose them or sit on them, but I took a plunge and bought some Oakley Zeros for $120.00. But I am paranoid to wear them so they sit in their case and I wear my Bolles'.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #7 of 52
I purchased the most expensive oakley X Metals = $750 AUS$
they are not that much better than the rest , its a I just love the look of them AND I had to have them
eek.gif

My friends shake their head.
I have sat on them ect . they will never break

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:39 AM Post #8 of 52
i would kill for the same model oakley juliets that Ichiro wears...so styling...just cant afford them
frown.gif

Counterfeit oakleys? lot of those in chinatown Vancouver, BC. However, i never bought any because they look CHEAP. They write oakley on the bridge of the glasses, except they write "oakl=y" instead, and in big letters it looks stupid. Plus they are made of cheap plastic and have bad silver paint jobs.

I would rather go out and buy point zero sunglasses for $30 than buy those counterfeit oakleys for $25.

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:43 AM Post #9 of 52
The ones I saw said, "Oafleys"
biggrin.gif
I've sat on my Oakleys, but they were fine. Lost them in a trip to the Georgetown Mall
frown.gif
. But I scraped a little more cash together and got another pair. I guess the idea goes, if you can't afford to lose/break them, then you shouldn't get them.

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 52
....i just found a pair of Oakley Scar Electric Blue with Ice Iridium Lenses....they are soooooo beautiful..ok so maybe I have a thing for blue......

now if i didn't already decided to save up some money for audio upgrades
rolleyes.gif

ray

Jul 5, 2002 at 12:58 AM Post #11 of 52
I've been lucky with my shades...

I've had a pair of Ray Ban Aviators for about 12 years. They're like new...I always put them in the case...

and then there are my Oakleys that I bought in Vegas about three years ago....I wear them everyday that I'm out and about!!!

I haven't lost, or sat on my sunglasses....yet!

cool.gif

Jul 5, 2002 at 1:05 AM Post #12 of 52
I have a pair of prescription Ray-Bans, don't remember the model. Very worthwhile, cost around $150. That said, I don't care enough about sunglass styling or construction to pay anything above that.

Jul 5, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #15 of 52
The best all around sunglasses I've found is the Serengetti Drivers. For water and snow sports, the Serengetti Vermillion which is half silvered on top and bottom of lenses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back