Anyone seen Porcupine Tree on the current tour?
Apr 28, 2010 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Skylab

Reviewerus Prolificus
I'm going Friday here in Chicago - wondering what people have thought of this tour. TIA
normal_smile .gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 20
There coming here in the summer, post here your review so I'll know if it's worth the $$$.

Apr 28, 2010 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 20
PT used to come to Boulder on every tour, but that doesn't seem to be true anymore.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 20
I was there on their West Coast run sometime back. First half of the concert was "The Incident" disc 1 played in its entirety. Time Flies was the highlight, with some matching video on the screen completing the picture. But the rest of it was just ok, the band members looked slightly bored IMO, especially Gaving Harrison. But we had no idea what was coming next, after the short break, they were on fire. They played some favourites from back albums and a few new tunes but man they were stunning. It was one of the best shows I've been to just because of the second half of the concert.

The only thing that ticked me off was the lack of merchandise. The FOABP tour had some autographed cd's and some other nice stuff. This time they just had The Incident "Art Print" which was an A4 color print out for 15 bucks. Absolutely ridiculous. They had some random stuff from the opening act (which was terrible btw) and not much else. Was quite let down by that actually cos I was hoping to pick something up.

Apr 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 20
I still think it is still the same tour. It was so good that my son and I are going to see them again in Montreal (two hour drive, so four hours total). The first time was in a semi bar setup, this time will be a concert hall. Let us know what you think about it Skylab. Up until we saw Transatlantic last week my son had the PT show as the best he has seen live. We may put them back at the top of the list after seeing them in a quieter place.

B
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 7:28 PM Post #6 of 20
They're playing here at the Riviera Theater, which is general admission, about 2300 capacity. At last check the show was not sold out, in spite of being Friday night. I've been to the Riv many, many times, and know it well. Pretty nice venue, in spite of being in a so-so neighborhood. Easy to get to though - right across the street from the CTA Red Line.

I'll surely let you guys know what I think
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was there on their West Coast run sometime back. First half of the concert was "The Incident" disc 1 played in its entirety. Time Flies was the highlight, with some matching video on the screen completing the picture.

Do they play the Incident continuously,??

Apr 28, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 20
That is what the set lists seem to indicate - first set is The Incident in its entirety.

Apr 29, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was there on their West Coast run sometime back. First half of the concert was "The Incident" disc 1 played in its entirety. Time Flies was the highlight, with some matching video on the screen completing the picture. But the rest of it was just ok, the band members looked slightly bored IMO, especially Gaving Harrison. But we had no idea what was coming next, after the short break, they were on fire. They played some favourites from back albums and a few new tunes but man they were stunning. It was one of the best shows I've been to just because of the second half of the concert.

The only thing that ticked me off was the lack of merchandise. The FOABP tour had some autographed cd's and some other nice stuff. This time they just had The Incident "Art Print" which was an A4 color print out for 15 bucks. Absolutely ridiculous. They had some random stuff from the opening act (which was terrible btw) and not much else. Was quite let down by that actually cos I was hoping to pick something up.

They're probably getting mighty sick of that Incident song by now. I know I got sick of it after around half a listen.

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:28 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PT used to come to Boulder on every tour, but that doesn't seem to be true anymore.

I'd love to see PT or Opeth at Red Rocks, but a lot of musicians pass Colorado by. I did get to see Moira Brennan do a couple songs for the Easter sunrise services. I say "see" because nobody shut up, or even seemed aware she was performing.

Apr 30, 2010 at 12:33 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm hopefully going next week. I'm as excited for BIGELF as I am for PT
biggrin.gif

So I should arrive in time to hear Bigelf? Never heard of them.

May 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #13 of 20
I * really * enjoyed it. The playing was absolutely outstanding. While it was my first time seeing them, many people who were there who'd seen them many times made the same comment - an outstanding show.

First Set: The Incident
1. Occam's Razor
2. The Blind House
3. Great Expectations
4. Kneel and Disconnect
5. Drawing the Line
6. The Incident
7. Your Unpleasant Family
8. The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train
9. Time Flies
10. Degree Zero of Liberty
11. Octane Twisted
12. The Séance
13. Circle of Manias
14. I Drive the Hearse

Second Set
15. Hatesong
16. Lazarus
17. Russia on Ice
18. Anesthetize
19. Stars Die
20. Normal
21. Bonnie the Cat

Encore:
22. Blackest Eyes
23. Trains

Loved all the second set goodies, but "The Incident" was also really, really terrific. I want to see them again!

May 4, 2010 at 12:19 AM Post #15 of 20
I saw them in Los Angeles back in September of last year. The first set (The Incident) was really boring. The people next to me talked through the whole set. The sound was terrible where I was standing too. At the intermission, I moved and found a place with much better sound. The only problem was the giant pillar in the middle of the floor holding up the balcony. It was such an eyesore that they put a TV screen on it which had a video of the stage playing. I would never see a show at that club again. You either get to watch the show on a 30" screen with great sound, or get a great view with bad sound. The second set was really good though.

Bigelf really surprised me, too. What a great live act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back