Anyone planning on doing an iPod Touch 3G and Zune HD comparison?
Sep 6, 2009 at 5:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Happyprozak

Head-Fier
I'm wondering if anyone here is planning on doing a comparison between these units in the coming weeks. I'm really interested to know how the SQ of the two will compare.

Sep 6, 2009 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 13
I'm dying to read up on some. Right now, I'm stuck between the Cowon S9 and the future 3G iPod Touch and the Zune HD.

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:09 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jj94 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm dying to read up on some. Right now, I'm stuck between the Cowon S9 and the future 3G iPod Touch and the Zune HD.

Well I'm stuck between the Zune HD, 3G iPod Touch, and Sony X1000. I'm definitely getting an ipod touch for the pda/mini computer functionality. What capacity I get or whether I decide to get the Zune HD depends on sound quality.

Anyways, all of my music comes from CD's I own but I would hate to have to retag everything. Does anyone know how well the current Zunes read AAC tags that have been made through iTunes? Also, do the Zunes display lyrics?

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the Zune software does read AAC files created in iTunes via ripping. Old Zunes do not display lyrics, not sure of Zune HD.

Does album art play nice?

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyprozak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does album art play nice?

Perfectly on the Zune 120.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:10 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sounds like an expensive comparison... count me out!

I agree. I'll be comparing my iPod 5.5G to the next gen Touch if it hits 64gb though.
L3000.gif

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nywytboy68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. I'll be comparing my iPod 5.5G to the next gen Touch if it hits 64gb though.
L3000.gif

I have a 5.5G ipod and I recently sold my 1G ipod touch and the 1G touch sounded better than the 5.5G despite all the claims around here that the 5.5 sounded better.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #11 of 13
i also found the touch 1g to be a good sounding machine. it had a couple of drawbacks however: hiss levels are higher than the 5.5 or most of the recent ipods. Compared to the 2G (which i prefer because of volume rocker, no hiss and no bass rolloff), it is lusher, though less energetic in the high end.

I have loved both. Looking forward to hearing the Zune HD though. I'd rather not read comparisons here as I know the outcome before ever reading. There won't be any love for the touch, no matter how good it actually is.

Sep 8, 2009 at 2:56 PM Post #12 of 13
I had the Touch 2G, and I had owned the 5.5G before (it was stolen). I sold my Touch 2G, and have an S9 (I prefer the video quality of it). I love the SQ of the 5.5G, more so than the Touch 2G I had. I'll be loving the Touch 3G no matter what - as I'll bet the SQ will be crystal clear. As for the S9 - I find the SQ is amazing, but it's mostly for my videos.

Sep 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyprozak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I'm stuck between the Zune HD, 3G iPod Touch, and Sony X1000.

Same here.

I've got a 5G iPod Video that I've been using forever, but the hard drive is dying on it. I'm thinking that I'll switch out the hard drive and leave it in my car and buy either an iPod Touch, Sony X1000 or a Zune for the train and school.

I want to get the Sony but my iTunes dependency is killing me. I've got a bunch of tracks in apple lossless and converting them to whatever lossless format Sony or Zune supports is going to suck. Bringing my larger playlist over to the other players from iTunes seems like it'd be troublesome too.

I'm going to be buying a Mac soon so I don't know if the Sony or the Zune will play nice with it. Decisions, decisions...
angry_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back