Anyone owns these two? Corda2 Move and iBasso D2?
Jun 24, 2008 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

RuiCanela

100+ Head-Fier
If you own both 2Move and iBasso D2, please what can you say about their sound quality, ergonomics, battery and overall satisfaction? Wich one is the best?
I asking this because I don't know wich one to buy, please chose one...
confused.gif

Jun 24, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #2 of 20
Although both are an amp w/ a USB DAC they are very different in size, weight, feel, and overall presentation. Although I prefer the sound of the D2 as well as its flexibility to roll op-amps I would think that for you in the EU the Corda2 would be a better choice.

Mostly from the perspective of any future repairs which would be easier to handle if you get a product from the EU.

There are no "best", more like a different sound.

Jun 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Although both are an amp w/ a USB DAC they are very different in size, weight, feel, and overall presentation. Although I prefer the sound of the D2 as well as its flexibility to roll op-amps I would think that for you in the EU the Corda2 would be a better choice.

Mostly from the perspective of any future repairs which would be easier to handle if you get a product from the EU.

There are no "best", more like a different sound.

Thank you for your opinion, but can you be more especific, wich one has the warmest sound? wich one has the best bass?
I think iBasso D2 has a better placement for the input jack since I plan to use it with a iPod but on the other hand I think that the switch on the back of iBasso should be diferent (an other kind of switch).
thanks
Rui

Jun 24, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you own both 2Move and iBasso D2, please what can you say about their sound quality, ergonomics, battery and overall satisfaction? Wich one is the best?
I asking this because I don't know wich one to buy, please chose one...
confused.gif

Both are excellent amp/dac combos. You could not go wrong with either. The 2Move is a little more neutral. But the boa is definitely warmer. I prefer the bass of the boa, but that is really a question of taste since they both do a good job with bass.
Given the extremely quick shipment time of the boa and the good rep that ibasso is getting for supporting their product, I def would not make a choice based on which product was geographically closer to me.

Jun 25, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 20
I have also ownder both of the units simultaneously for a short period of time.
2Move is gone and the Viper is still with me. And I have not 'rolled' the poamps (yet)..
Viper is better with PK1's, ESW9's. However I liked the 2Move better with Grados and Livewires.

Jun 25, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 20
The only thing I don't like about iBasso D2 is the built in battery, I like better the idea of using 9V replaceble batteries (2MOVE). Is it easy to buy a new battery for the D2?
Thanks to every one
Rui

Jun 25, 2008 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 20
you know how long it takes to burn out a rechargeable battery? It last 500 cycles + which would take you a hell of a long time if you manage your charging cycles correctly to burn out as someone else on this forum noted before

Jun 26, 2008 at 9:29 AM Post #9 of 20
Maybe this will help you: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/m...-micro-306883/

Most of the information is in post #1 and #2. Unfortunately some of the answers to your questions are spread farther out into the thread, as I answered other peoples questions after the initial review.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:23 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RuiCanela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank to everyone who answer my questions. I just order Corda 2Move...It's cumming!!!
biggrin.gif

I don't know about in Portugal, but "it's cumming" means something completely different here.
eek.gif

Jun 27, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about in Portugal, but "it's cumming" means something completely different here.
eek.gif

well getting your first amp is always an exciting time.....ohyeahhhhh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back