Anyone make their own energy drinks?
Jul 8, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #17 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for the freebase caffeine question, I can't believe no one has tried making freebase caffeine to smoke. There are a decent number of chemistry students on here, any suggestions? Would you add baking soda the way they cook up crack, or would you need to add something else?

Prep would be the same as crack. Caffeine+NH3/H20>ether>separate>evaporate would be the preferred method if you have the equipment and decent lab skills and a fume hood. Baking soda, water, and heat will work but might as well do it right.

As far as effectiveness, no idea. My guess would be that it wouldn't work too well given that it's not done to any significant degree. That and caffeine's potency is lacking compared to the drugs usually taken in this method.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #20 of 41
I suggest some research on nootropics
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Prep would be the same as crack. Caffeine+NH3/H20>ether>separate>evaporate would be the preferred method if you have the equipment and decent lab skills and a fume hood. Baking soda, water, and heat will work but might as well do it right.

As far as effectiveness, no idea. My guess would be that it wouldn't work too well given that it's not done to any significant degree. That and caffeine's potency is lacking compared to the drugs usually taken in this method.

Well, say you cut it with something else, like guarana. Might work decently.

Jul 8, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #22 of 41
If coffee brewing, etc, is a pain, why not just do it the night before and have iced coffee for your breakfast? You could even take some in the car and not worry about boiling water spilling everywhere.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #23 of 41
While I used to eat coffee grounds I'd mixed with chocolate and brown sugar, the idea of freebasing caffeine sounds like something my addled mind would have come up with the last time I had the misfortune of taking no doz.

Seriously, at least my heart doesn't need that kind of strain.

Jul 8, 2008 at 7:40 PM Post #26 of 41
I would, but I just don't have the energy for it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If coffee brewing, etc, is a pain, why not just do it the night before and have iced coffee for your breakfast? You could even take some in the car and not worry about boiling water spilling everywhere.

Vietnamese iced coffee or Hong Kong iced coffee milk tea is pretty good.

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:16 PM Post #28 of 41
Holy crap, I think this thread is on to something. I'll scrounge up some Chemists I know here at Berkeley. If they can't do it, then its not worth doing.

Jul 8, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #30 of 41
Whenever I get sleepy, I have a four year old girl kick me in the sack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back