Anyone looking forwad to Call of Duty 4?
Oct 28, 2007 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
I just played the demo the other night, and wow! I stopped gaming about five years ago but this game just really drew me in, things certainly have progressed since I got out. I think I'll be picking a copy up around Thanksgiving. Anyone else play the demo?

Oct 28, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #2 of 21
On a machine that had a 8800GTX-SLI, a Q6600 and a 30" Samsung LCD, yes.
wink.gif
It was the nicest demo machine I've ever seen.

I might pick one up - the game, not the system. Though I wish I had the money for the system.

Oct 29, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 21
definitely getting the game.
i was soooo disappointed when CoD3 was console only.
i guess the makers have figured out that PC gamers are here to stay too

Oct 29, 2007 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 21
COD4, a game my system can actually RUN at full graphics. Not like that damned Crysis demo...

Nov 1, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
definitely getting the game.
i was soooo disappointed when CoD3 was console only.
i guess the makers have figured out that PC gamers are here to stay too

COD3 was developed by a different developer hence the console only support. COD4 was developed by the same company that made COD2, and they have expertise programming the PC version.

I'm an avid COD2 player and COD4 is going to my Game of the Year...I will log more time playing this than all other games combined.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
COD4, a game my system can actually RUN at full graphics. Not like that damned Crysis demo...

the crysis demo is broken and doesn't even support multi threading yet.

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #8 of 21
I played both COD4 and Crysis demo's... and I am getting both, they are insane...

I played the Crysis demo fine on my MacPro with a 8800GTS.. And as far as I know my mac has multi-threading?

Anyways, when COD4 comes out we should set up a game :|

Nov 1, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #9 of 21
I'll be picking it up next week for 360 and am looking forward to it... Sony 52" XBR3, Aperion Audio 633 Floor standing fronts, 634 Center, 534 Surrounds and a HSU VTF3-MK3 Sub + sofa = I don't do PC
tongue.gif

Nov 1, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 21
But... but... keyboard and mouse rocks so much better than controllers!

Nov 2, 2007 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by badpenny /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I played both COD4 and Crysis demo's... and I am getting both, they are insane...

I played the Crysis demo fine on my MacPro with a 8800GTS.. And as far as I know my mac has multi-threading?

Anyways, when COD4 comes out we should set up a game :|

Crysis from the demo it seem, beside the graphic is as crappy in term of gameplay as the first one. They should hire some military guy just to get it more realistic, because the acting look stupid, like the first one.

I enjoyed COD4 demo a lot though. I think this is a comback since COD Offensive Untied, the last one I enjoyed.

Nov 3, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be picking it up next week for 360 and am looking forward to it... Sony 52" XBR3, Aperion Audio 633 Floor standing fronts, 634 Center, 534 Surrounds and a HSU VTF3-MK3 Sub + sofa = I don't do PC
tongue.gif

It's funny, you could put any number of specs in front of that, but you're still using analog sticks

Nov 3, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's funny, you could put any number of specs in front of that, but you're still using analog sticks

He could buy a keyboard and mouse piece for the 360, though. I played some of my buddies on Gears with a keyboard and mouse and really did well despite not owning a console and never playing the game before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back