anyone live in wyoming?
Jul 11, 2002 at 9:50 PM Post #5 of 14
Isn't there a college over there?

Wyoming is a sparsly populated state. The Denver metro area has about 2 million residents while the WHOLE STATE of Wyoming has about that many. Metro denver is a reasonable drive to/from Casper.

I was there once doing a computer install and found the town (err, city by Wyoming standards) quite charming.

If you ever find yourself coming to Denver, drop me a line.

Jul 12, 2002 at 3:30 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by ray4jc
yeah denver is a good 5 hour drive......but....i've been told to expect lots of free time ....lol...

ray

5 hours? Whatcha driving? Oh, wait, I'm thinking Montana. No speed limits in some of the wide open stretches. But I'd think there'd be similar places in Wyoming.

Jul 12, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #8 of 14
I just noticed your from *southern* Georgia... Didn't think would could get more southern than Georgia... :wink:

Be prepared for a bit of culture shock when you get out this way. Things are a LOT different out here in the west than they are in the south. For starters, try finding some damned grits. Once you do that try to find *good* grits. It's as impossible as livermush to locate in this part of the country.

Could you by chance ship me a big bag of those Vidalia onions? You should be close to there. I love those onions.

One thing you will notice is the lack of any decernable humidity. Have lip balm and be prepared to use it. Carmax is what I use and is quite popular out here. I really can't begin to tell you how dry it is here. It's *completely* different from Georgia.

The winters aren't as harsh as they lead you to believe. The snow is dry and is basically like a really cold sand. The only exception to this is early and late in the snow season when it's really wet and heavy. Ice is practically non-existant out here due to the lack of humidity but you can get some early and late in the season when it rains before it snows.

Jul 12, 2002 at 6:32 PM Post #9 of 14
I am a Montana transplant- I now live in Oregon. Spent time in Casper- nice town with friendly people. I think you might like it. The winters, however, you may not like much.

Jul 12, 2002 at 7:19 PM Post #10 of 14
..ahhh...winter...

everyone keeps mentioning how bad it is..my dad keeps saying how i'm gonna be stuck insided for months on end...

i'm sort of looking forward to getting away from georgia..although ...i'd rather it be to a metropolitan area..casper will do lol...

hey nezer..i'll see what i can do if you really would like me to bring a bag of vidalia onions..serisouly...i owe u anyways.....

ray

Jul 12, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

..ahhh...winter...

everyone keeps mentioning how bad it is..my dad keeps saying how i'm gonna be stuck insided for months on end...

i'm sort of looking forward to getting away from georgia..although ...i'd rather it be to a metropolitan area..casper will do lol...

hey nezer..i'll see what i can do if you really would like me to bring a bag of vidalia onions..serisouly...i owe u anyways.....

ray

Thats right, you have the Clou. I'm afraid to have you over now. Once you hear the Cardas you may want to change your mind on the Clou. :wink:

If I happen to end up with a bag of those onions all the better but don't sweat it.

Really, the winters aren't that bad! I think they are more mild than Georgia. I doubt a 5 hour drive to the north makes *that* much difference.

Jul 12, 2002 at 7:38 PM Post #12 of 14
There is a speed limit in Montana.

Wyoming may have 2 million sheep, but not nearly that many people. (~495,000)

The winters are not that bad. Just make sure you do something outside when you can.

There is no such thing as 'good grits'. (I grew up in North Florida (the redneck riviera)) so I know what I am talking about (for this subject).

Jul 12, 2002 at 10:40 PM Post #13 of 14
hey nezer...did u finally get your cardas cable????

and...the winter in georgia ...althought it never snows....can be very bitter.....some people have said chicago winters are not as bad....

ray

Jul 13, 2002 at 11:39 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

hey nezer...did u finally get your cardas cable????

and...the winter in georgia ...althought it never snows....can be very bitter.....some people have said chicago winters are not as bad....

ray

Yup, got the cable day before yesterday. It's incredible though it could just be me not having heard the HD600s for about a month.

You'll get snow in Wyoming. Not usually so much that it pisses you off but enough to apreciate it. There will be at most 4 mornings all year where you'll have to come out and scrap (and I do mean scrap) the ice off the windshield. Most of the time it brushes right off because it's so dry.

There's also this cool effect I call 'snow snakes' wher the dry snow on the highway get's blown around in the air currents generated by vehicles. It looks like a snake of snow sliding across the road.

Only 500,000 on Wyoming?!?!

Danny, grits aren't supposed to have possem in them. *NEVER* trust anything served to you by a redneck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back