Anyone liking the TV show "Dexter"?
Nov 12, 2006 at 2:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

swt61

Dr. Wood

I have only seen about 4 episodes of this show, but it sure has an interesting story line. It seems pretty original to me, and the forces of good and evil in the main character is kind of a clever idea. I mean a serial killer hero hasn't really been done before, has it?

Nov 12, 2006 at 2:50 PM Post #3 of 27
I watched the first episode and felt it to be heavy handed. I do see a lot of potential in the series and intend to watch some more.

Nov 12, 2006 at 6:59 PM Post #4 of 27
Awww....I thought you may have been talking about Dexters Lab...Am I the only one here who still watches kids shows?

Nov 13, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 27
Dexter is pretty good. It's obviously not for everyone though but it's a refreshing change of pace from the usual stuff on TV.

Nov 13, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #7 of 27
i like the show, but i do find his sister to be pretty annoying.

Nov 13, 2006 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 27
i really wanted to like it, but i watched the first 4 episodes and gave up. hall is the only one who can act, the storylines are a little too labored and the entire premise sets up a false moral dilemma.

Nov 13, 2006 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 27
I agree with VicAjax. I was a big fan of Six Feet Under, so I was looking forward to Dexter. If there ever was a formula show, this is it. You have to wonder where society is heading when we start making heroes out of serial killers.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 27
I know I'm resurrecting an over three year old thread here, but I figured I'd just post here instead of start a new one. I just wanted to see what peoples opinions are of this show. I had never seen a single episode of this show up until a few weeks ago when I started watching them on dvd. I'm about to start watching season 4 on demand today to get completely caught up. So far I'm loving the show, it's pretty original and I think Michael C. Hall does a fantastic job portraying this serial killer role. I've become a big fan of some of the HBO and Showtime series in the past few months. I've just really gotten sick of the programming on regular tv and cable, so I've been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, Weeds, Californication, and Dexter and imo they are all much better than anything offered on network/cable tv.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 27
I enjoyed season 1 but didn't think season 2 was nearly as good. I have S3 on my hard drive but haven't got around to watching it because I kind of lost interest after S2.

Jan 31, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foshizzle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I enjoyed season 1 but didn't think season 2 was nearly as good. I have S3 on my hard drive but haven't got around to watching it because I kind of lost interest after S2.

I was the opposite, I thought season 1 was pretty good towards the end, but I wasn't sure I was going to keep watching it when I was about half way through. I loved both seasons 2 and 3 and now I'm hooked.

Jan 31, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 27
Yeah I actually thought season 2 was at least as good as season 1... season 3 was only okay, but this season was good and the finish was a doozy. Love the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back