Anyone likes Sherlock Holmes ?!
Mar 30, 2004 at 9:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

zcx

100+ Head-Fier
I am a fan of him~

come on guys, who have the same interest with me?

lets talk!
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 3:48 PM Post #2 of 14
Jeremy Brett was the coolest "Sherlock Holmes" of them all. One of the few TV shows that I enjoyed watching on a regular basis. It was unfortunate that Mr. Brett passed away right before they were going to shoot some new episodes.
frown.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 9:57 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by GlowWorm
Jeremy Brett was the coolest "Sherlock Holmes" of them all. One of the few TV shows that I enjoyed watching on a regular basis. It was unfortunate that Mr. Brett passed away right before they were going to shoot some new episodes.
frown.gif

Jeremy Brett played an awesome Sherlock Holmes..... the entire series was recently on BBC2 on a Saturday afternoon, I taped every episode :)

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:09 PM Post #4 of 14
He's awesome! I love Homes. Especially the endings where it all fits nice together. I also thinks it pretty funny that he's on kinds of dope
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 14
I love the Sherlock Holmes series that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote. I have to, his birthday is the same as mine.
biggrin.gif
I'm a big fan of the sleuth series of stuff like this and many others. I also grew up reading Hardy Boys also, so I had an early start.

Mar 31, 2004 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 14
HI: I like the pipe that he never owned or smoked. The CALABASH I have 3 of them. LOL. Thats the pipe you always see him with in pitchers.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by zcx
I wish I can one day go to London and have a look at the place where Sherlock live.

He's a fictional Character but the story based him in Baker Street in London. There's a sherlock holmes pub and the famous planetarium and Madame tussauds on the same street :)

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:03 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

I love the Sherlock Holmes series that Sir Arthur Conan Doyle wrote.

I'm with him guys

give me the book over any film version

except maybe "sherlock holmes smarter younger brother"
tongue.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:28 PM Post #11 of 14
I own a lil two volume paperback set that contains all the novels and short stories that Doyle wrote with Sherlock Holmes. I still read that cover to cover every now and then. That's the one thing that I really miss is decent detective shows on TV. I always liked the British TV adaptations of Doyle and Christie but they're so rarely aired here now, especially the Sherlock Holmes.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:33 PM Post #12 of 14
I downloaded most, if not all, of Doyle's Holmes stories into my PDA and whenever I'm stuck on a train or an airport, I'll pass the time away reading up on his latest adventures.

He's a surprisingly dark character in the original stories; much more complex than he's shown to be on film and TV.

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by PinkFloyd
He's a fictional Character but the story based him in Baker Street in London. There's a sherlock holmes pub and the famous planetarium and Madame tussauds on the same street :)

I know it is a fictional.

but, this is what I want to say and want to go for a travelling "Baker Street".
biggrin.gif

Mar 31, 2004 at 6:54 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Born2bwire
I own a lil two volume paperback set that contains all the novels and short stories that Doyle wrote with Sherlock Holmes. I still read that cover to cover every now and then. That's the one thing that I really miss is decent detective shows on TV. I always liked the British TV adaptations of Doyle and Christie but they're so rarely aired here now, especially the Sherlock Holmes.

I have that paperback set as well. However since it's based on original, I usually need a dictionary (I'm not English native) to translate many obsolete expresions. It slows me down, but I still love the stories.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back