1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

anyone knows about the xears td100 II?

1. julioforo
    they have a great price...
    someone who has this in-ears?
    are good?

2. sunspot

Quote:

I have it.

I personally think it's a very good earphone at the 20 EUR + shipping it's selling for right now (I got mine at 15 EUR, but I don't think that'll happen again for a while).
    Things to know about it:

• The eartips that come with it are so-so.  If single-flange tips fit well for you, get some sony hybrid clones instead.  If double-flanges fit well, get some from meelec.com (the M9 balanced biflanges work well).
    • The cable is OK, but not great.  Don't expect something like the ViSang R02/R03 cable.
    • They aren't balanced earphones by any means.  They are a lot of fun, but they have a lot of bass.  If you prefer slightly less bass and can stand a J-cord, get the XB120Pro bullet instead.  Don't get me wrong, though: those are NOT muddy.  They are pretty detailed.  But they are not balanced.

So I guess what I'm saying is, they're very good earphones if they have the sound signature you like, and if you don't mind having to buy some third-party silicone tips.  For me, they have a sound signature I really like.

Take a look at the mega-comparison thread from |joker|; the TD100 is reviewed.  It's mostly an older version of the TD100 II.  The only differences appear to be that the older TD100 had a J-cord, and the tips that came with them were really crappy; those that come with the TD100-II are just meh.

Hope this helps.