Anyone know where to pick up a Sennheiser HD650 standard Cable?
Apr 1, 2004 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

HiGHFLYiN9

Member of the Trade: Zynsonix
Anyone know where to pick up a Sennheiser HD650 standard Cable? Just the regular one? I have a pair of HD600s but I can't justify spending over $100 for a cable and I'm not really interested in the Oehlbachs due to the soundstaging issues. I didn't see it on the Sennheiser website, then again I may not be looking hard enough. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Apr 1, 2004 at 5:30 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by highflyin9
Anyone know where to pick up a Sennheiser HD650 standard Cable? Just the regular one? I have a pair of HD600s but I can't justify spending over $100 for a cable and I'm not really interested in the Oehlbachs due to the soundstaging issues. I didn't see it on the Sennheiser website, then again I may not be looking hard enough. Thanks in advance for any replies.

If you have already got a cable on your HD600's it's identical to the one used on the HD650.

Pinkie.

Apr 1, 2004 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by hightreason
no it isn't the 650 cable has thicker insulation on the wires, sturdier connectors and terminates in a 1/4" plug

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:58 AM Post #6 of 6
highflyin9,
how's it goin!
other than the cosmetic differences, it has been concluded by some (people who have opened them up to investigate the guage of the wire and materials used inside) that the stock 600 and stock 650 are no different in terms of sound quality. before i sold my 600's, i swapped the stock 600 cable with the stock 650 cable...and vice versa. as hard as i tried, i really couldn't tell that much of a difference other than the 650 stock maybe being a little more quiet in between the notes. but all in all, it was so subtle that i'm not even sure the differences were actually there or that it may have been all in my head??? i'm sorry if this confuses you even more
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

PS>>>i haven't heard the Oehlbachs, but i wouldn't worry too much about soundstaging. what the aftermarket cables do is open up certain parts of the frequency spectrum and i can't see how any of the calbles would decrease the soundstaging (that would mean that they would be somewhat compressing the sound). even if any of them did reduce soundstaging, it would be very subtle. but take my comments with a very small grain of salt as i'm just speculating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back