Anyone know their way around a Pioneer VSX-DS1
Mar 3, 2013 at 3:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Applehusky

Head-Fier
Just joined the forums. Don't know if this is a good place to post this but I'll give it a shot. 

To power my pair of Beyerdynamic DT880s, I'm using an old pioneer DS1 that's also running my home theater setup. Now this is a fairly aged receiver or so I've been told. It used to be my dad's.

I'm noticing that sometimes (at an increasing frequency) the left channel will either cut out, or be a lot weaker than the right channel. It's not very noticeable when listening at a normal volume, but if I want to turn it down, the left doesn't get anything. The same thing happens, but not as significantly, on my left and right AR speakers.

Now if this were the only problem, I could live with it. I plan on getting a dedicated headphone amp to set on my desk for use with the DT880s (great set of headphones btw) but another issue came up. If I happen to forget to turn the receiver off for a couple hours when I'm not using it, it looks like it doesn't get any signal at all. I'll start paying music through it, turn the gain to where I usually put it, but nothing comes through the speakers/headphones, and the bars that jump with the music (someone tell me what to call these things) don't show any sound coming through.

I'd like to save this receiver since it has sentimental value, and other than this problem, it functions perfectly. My dad took very good care of it, and I want to do the same.

I'm fairly comfortable with electronics. I just need to know what I'm doing before I jump in there and start fiddling with things.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks for reading ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back