Anyone know anything about thePJB100
Dec 24, 2001 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

thecity

New Head-Fier
A friend of mine plans on buying a new mp3 player once the next generation firewire/usb 2.0 windows compatible players come out. He curently has the Remote Solution Personal JukeBox PJB-100. He said he'll sell me his old one when he gets his new one. Wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the PJB's sound qaulity/amp power.

Dec 24, 2001 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 7
Get it! I have one and it rules. Make sure you also get the Portapros that came with it! As for the amp power... The manual says "more than 50mW at 32 Ohms". It really does need an amp to get the most out of it though.

Also the hard disk is fairly easy to upgrade if you're handy with a screwdriver.

The biggest downside is the transfer speed. It's about as fast as a snail running through molasses in a blizzard. It took about 48 hours to load 20GB into mine. However, the capacity is such that you don't do mass loads of that size very often.

The other downside is the volume is digital. To get the best sound out of it it needs to be at full volume. That's not so great for the ears on most headphones. Because of this I use an amp. I just crank the volume all the way up and use the amp to keep the volume in check. This pulls the most details out of the music.

I honestly couldn't be happier with mine and will upgrade it to a 40 GB drive soon. I figure once I grow past the 40 GB drive better options will be available, but that's a year or two away.

BTW, the DAC is a Crystal 4332 I believe and the op-amp is an LM4880. There is no line-out but adding one shouldn't be too difficult, though it will void the warranty.

To check on prices for a new one try www.mp3factorydirect.com.

BTW, don't listen to the ppl that will tell you it sucks becasue it's an MP3 player. They are just jealous.
wink.gif

Dec 24, 2001 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Very cool unit. I think the new firmware has minesweeper which is awesome. Personally I like the Archos Recorder/ MP3 Player just because the transfer is easier and its a little smaller. Sound is pretty equal. Either way, both units are great and sound great so you should definately buy it as it's in good condition

Dec 25, 2001 at 7:28 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Raymond Kim
Does the PJB support WAV files? What about the Archos players?

The archos doesn't, i dont think, but the recorder does have the feature of recording from any audio output. You can also do stupid other things that are kinda useful like read .txt files on it which is a nice feature if you want to put a mock address book in the mp3 player. You can find more cool stuff at forums.funmp3players.com or groups.yahoo.com/gorup/archosjukebox6000/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back