Anyone know any similar songs, pieces to these, and in what genre they fall in?
Sep 1, 2015 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

endallchaos

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for similar musical pieces, but not sure where to look, since I don't even know in what genre they would fall into, Classical maybe?
Does anyone know any similar pieces/songs?

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 10
It sounds like classical to me indeed. I've not ventured enough into classical to be able to recommend any pieces I'm afraid. Still working on that! 

Sep 1, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 10

It sounds like classical to me indeed. I've not ventured enough into classical to be able to recommend any pieces I'm afraid. Still working on that! 

Ah, I see. Well, thanks for the reply! :)

Sep 4, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #5 of 10
For the 1st video, you may want to look into the composer Olafur Arnalds, particularly the albums 'Found Songs' and 'Living Room Songs', they have that minimal piano and violin sound similar to your video clip.

For the 2nd video, it actually reminds me of certain piano works from the Final Fantasy series of video games, there's a lot of pieces that have already been uploaded to Youtube so maybe you can find something you like.

Sep 6, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #6 of 10
  For the 1st video, you may want to look into the composer Olafur Arnalds, particularly the albums 'Found Songs' and 'Living Room Songs', they have that minimal piano and violin sound similar to your video clip.

For the 2nd video, it actually reminds me of certain piano works from the Final Fantasy series of video games, there's a lot of pieces that have already been uploaded to Youtube so maybe you can find something you like.

Awesome. Thanks for the suggestions! :)

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #8 of 10
file under:
modern classical/ambient/experimental/drone

see also:
Nils Frahm
Max Richter
Ryuichi Sakamoto
Dustin O' Halloran
Clint Mansell
Packwood
Harold Budd