Anyone interested in purchasing FX700 together to get lower price (kinda a small group buy)
Aug 3, 2010 at 1:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

moonsurf

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,

I was interested in a pair of JVC HA-FX700 after reading all good reviews about it, but I was hesitant to order one due to the fact I have to pay some kind of handling fees (usually hefty) in order to bring it to U.S.  I was contacting a reputable Japanese distributor (I'm not sure I can mention their name yet, I will after checking with them first), and I was told they will accept $315 per a pair of FX700 if two or more people orders together.  I just checked the email.  So, I'm not sure if they meant to ship to separate address or not yet, but I will check that.  However, I think if there are more than 2 people, say 5 or more, I think they might throw even more discounts.  Well, that's just my thought, but I thought it's worth asking.  So, if there is anyone, beside me, interested in getting a pair of FX700 for a good price, will you PM me?  I will check PM later in the evening, and send an email to that company accordingly.  Thanks.

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 7

Surreal.

100+ Head-Fier
Plus I think group-buys aren't permitted here unless it's sponsored by a Member of the Trade here.

Doing it on your own "time" is another story but then it becomes more of a hassle then a convenience. 

Aug 3, 2010 at 11:34 PM Post #6 of 7

Inks

An expert on his own opinion.
You are better off buying them at amazon.jp (they accept US cards) and then using tenso forwarding service for about 20 bucks, the total cost comes to 280$. More info here

Aug 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 7

moonsurf

100+ Head-Fier

Quote:
You are better off buying them at amazon.jp (they accept US cards) and then using tenso forwarding service for about 20 bucks, the total cost comes to 280$. More info here

I see!  Thank you for the great information!  No wonder no one is interested.  For awhile, I thought I found a good price :)

Users who are viewing this thread