Anyone interested in anime?
Mar 20, 2003 at 11:45 AM Post #31 of 63
There's a great fansub out there if you're into Ninjas (how could you not be?) that is well worth checking out. Naruto at www.toriyamaworld.com . The pace can be a bit slow sometimes but most of the time it's just great fun and interesting ninja skills.

Mar 20, 2003 at 10:07 PM Post #32 of 63
I suggest you skip the Naruto anime and go read the manga
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2003 at 12:14 AM Post #34 of 63
Yes, in today's day and age, manga is hard to get used to after we have been continuously bombarded with dazzling images night and day. Stick with manga though and it's as good as a book.

Mar 21, 2003 at 4:09 AM Post #36 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Yes, in today's day and age, manga is hard to get used to after we have been continuously bombarded with dazzling images night and day. Stick with manga though and it's as good as a book.

I really liked the Appleseed manga, but the anime was truly terrible. What are some of the best manga series, IYO?

Mar 21, 2003 at 4:56 AM Post #37 of 63
Man, that's a tough one, lobstersan
tongue.gif

I have 33 gigs of manga on my hdd right now and so much of it is good! I'll list a few that are really outstanding IMO:
  1. 20th Century Boys: absolutely amazing plot, presentation, and the author's framing is very cinematic
  2. Beck: the best "music industry" manga I have read bar none
  3. Berserk: Unbelievable power and impact, best character development I have ever seen
  4. Blade of the Immortal: Great artwork, great fighting, great characters
  5. Blame: Artwork is unique to manga that I have seen, takes a long long time to get into but after a volume or so, great presentation, very cool plot and characters, and you just gotta like the art
  6. Break Shot: Totally silly manga about 9-ball, out of the world trick shots, you just gotta grin
    tongue.gif
  7. GTO: It's really popular...funny too
  8. Hajime no Ippo: If you like sports/boxing AT ALL, this is the one to read (the anime is also excellent)
  9. Hikaru no Go: Ok, I know it's about Go, just take my word on this one
  10. HunterXHunter: Lots of talking in this sucker, contrary to the "kiddy" image the author's character designs first imply. Violent! Fun characters.

Well, those are the ones that really stand out in my stash on my hdd from "1" to "H." Oh yes, there are more! I'll list those too if you want
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2003 at 6:42 PM Post #39 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by ooheadsoo
Man, that's a tough one, lobstersan
tongue.gif

I have 33 gigs of manga on my hdd right now and so much of it is good! I'll list a few that are really outstanding IMO:
  1. 20th Century Boys: absolutely amazing plot, presentation, and the author's framing is very cinematic
  2. Beck: the best "music industry" manga I have read bar none
  3. Berserk: Unbelievable power and impact, best character development I have ever seen
  4. Blade of the Immortal: Great artwork, great fighting, great characters
  5. Blame: Artwork is unique to manga that I have seen, takes a long long time to get into but after a volume or so, great presentation, very cool plot and characters, and you just gotta like the art
  6. Break Shot: Totally silly manga about 9-ball, out of the world trick shots, you just gotta grin
    tongue.gif
  7. GTO: It's really popular...funny too
  8. Hajime no Ippo: If you like sports/boxing AT ALL, this is the one to read (the anime is also excellent)
  9. Hikaru no Go: Ok, I know it's about Go, just take my word on this one
  10. HunterXHunter: Lots of talking in this sucker, contrary to the "kiddy" image the author's character designs first imply. Violent! Fun characters.

Well, those are the ones that really stand out in my stash on my hdd from "1" to "H." Oh yes, there are more! I'll list those too if you want
wink.gif

woosh! thanks head, i'll have to go check amazon for some of those.

Mar 21, 2003 at 6:49 PM Post #40 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
woosh! thanks head, i'll have to go check amazon for some of those.

Are all of those commercially released? There could be some fan translations in there...not sure.

Mar 21, 2003 at 10:57 PM Post #41 of 63
Oh...just about all of them are scanslations. No english version available. The exceptions from the list I mentioned are Blade of the Immortal and GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka.)

On the other hand, Lobster, if you're thinking of grabbing the japanese copies (cuz you can read japanese?,) the it'll be cheap and you'll have plenty to read!

PM me if you're interested in the scanslations.

Mar 22, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #42 of 63
Anybody know where I could find some good scanlations for the rest of Chobits? I have the 4 US volumes, but I don't think I can wait until the next few come out.
biggrin.gif
Thanks.

By the way, how's my avatar look? Can you guys make out who it is? I had a heck of a time resizing it.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2003 at 2:14 AM Post #43 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Fuse
Anybody know where I could find some good scanlations for the rest of Chobits? I have the 4 US volumes, but I don't think I can wait until the next few come out.
biggrin.gif
Thanks.

By the way, how's my avatar look? Can you guys make out who it is? I had a heck of a time resizing it.
biggrin.gif

Chibi Samus Aran?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2003 at 2:20 AM Post #44 of 63
Yup.
smily_headphones1.gif
I know she actually is a blond, (at least in Metroid Fusion) but I liked the red head look better.
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #45 of 63
Anyone seen FLCL? It's produced by GAINAX (Evangelion) and animated by Production IG (Ghost in the Shell, Blood the Last Vampire).
It's easily the best series anime series I've seen yet, with by far the best animation (digitally coloured). The soundtrack isn't too bad either.

Only 6 episodes long but it has an almost unlimited replay value. It's unlikely that you'll understand much of it the first time round anyhow.

http://nerv.traumatic.nu/flcl/
http://shackle.pirate-king.net/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back