Anyone in the SF South Bay Area?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 7, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #63 of 126
I'm in Redwood City, interested as well!

Have heard that complaint a lot. They seem to be fine with me, may be due to their recent demo fee policy but they advice only 30 mins demo time , $250 for 30 mins is quite a lot ! I did it once but not sure i will go back for additional auditions with that kind of a fee

Man, $250 for 30 minutes is absurd! I get that they have to make sales, but that's just not a good way to go about it. I don't know how anyone could possibly be expected to make a purchase decision in such a short time period. Heck, I spent ~6 hours in the SF Sennheiser store, 2-3 hours of which were listening to the HD800S alone. They were very accommodating; helped me get set up and there was no pressure to buy. Even got to demo the HE1 a couple times, although there is a short time limit on that for some reason.

Apr 8, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #64 of 126
I'm in Redwood City, interested as well!

Man, $250 for 30 minutes is absurd! I get that they have to make sales, but that's just not a good way to go about it. I don't know how anyone could possibly be expected to make a purchase decision in such a short time period. Heck, I spent ~6 hours in the SF Sennheiser store, 2-3 hours of which were listening to the HD800S alone. They were very accommodating; helped me get set up and there was no pressure to buy. Even got to demo the HE1 a couple times, although there is a short time limit on that for some reason.

My assessment being there for few times is, they have the best inventory amongst other Bay area stores and we should go to the store if we are about to pull a string on an item post research or need to decide between 2 items so side by side we can audition and get one e.g. Utopia Vs Abyss 1266, on the purchase they waive the audition fees. I observed that 30 mins is not a strict drop dead time as they will be fine if we show a strong intent to buy. The downside is, we keep getting followed up in the store on how we are doing which gives a rushed feeling :) so I am sure many hobbyist may feel bit uncomfortable. I do hope stores like this survive though with online stores gobbling up the in person stores like these

May 5, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #66 of 126
It's been about a month since I first posted in this thread. I'm fully vaccinated and some time has passed, so I'm as good as it gets. I've also added a Focal Utopia to the collection. If we wait any longer, I'll end up buying more headphones, so we need to meet sooner so I don't feel the need to buy anything else . :)

If we do a get together is there a type of location that's best? I realize someone's home is one option but folks may not feel comfortable having strangers over their home (I know my wife doesn't). A restaurant will probably be too impractical and noisy....perhaps a conference room at one of our companies we work for??

May 5, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #67 of 126
why do i keep getting notifications for this thread? I am not subscribed...

May 11, 2021 at 9:26 PM Post #69 of 126
Oh yeah! That’s a great idea. Assuming they have plenty of outlets. 😁

Jun 9, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #72 of 126
No excuses now boys. We have a place, we have a date (sorta). There's just one catch...

mobile meetup

Oct 28, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #74 of 126
I’m down for a meet up any time any day I have some bowers 804 you guys can check out with several custom made speakers as well!! Please pm me and I’ll reach out and hopefully we can get something in the books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back