Anyone in the SF South Bay Area?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 29, 2019 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 126

HirkEukvic

100+ Head-Fier
It looks like there hasn't been much activity in the San Fransisco Bay area in a bit here, unless I didn't go far enough back in the list (in which case I apologize to the moderators in advance). I'm new to the Silicon Valley region and would love to meet any audiophiles in the area. (I'm also in need of an audio store if any are nearby, but that's a sidenote).

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 126
Hello down there in the bay area! I used to live down there and I miss silicon valley! I also used to set up meets on occasion, have really been missin' that and the fine folks and gear. It's a very active Head-Fi / hi-fi community down there... the challenge is to find and get everybody together, not to mention finding a venue for at least 30+ people with tables and enough outlets. Being in Seattle this time around, what I can do is provide links for 4 of the main meets we've had around there in recent years. From there you can get a good idea about specific places that you may contact by phone to arrange another meet (or look around and find new venues); you can also feel free to post on any of these old threads if active, or send a PM to all the members once you find a place for a meet. Here's those links:
one
two
three
four

Jan 2, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #3 of 126
Wow, these look very well organized. We had one in the late winter/early spring 2019 in SF hosted by a local Head-Fi’er. Was great to meet new people and hear new gear, but there hasn’t been anything much since then.

If we could get a decent list of 15-20 people to attend, I could see if my company could host on a weekend. Not sure about the insurance to host non-employees over the weekend, but I’ll see. We have a location in Sunnyvale and Redwood City.

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #9 of 126
I live in that area too. With the new family organizing a meet is tricky for me these days. I was just thinking about attending one and will keep my eye out and try to clear my schedule to attend.

The Alum Rock venue in San Jose is perfect.

I have a bunch of new stuff:
Aeon Flow Open
Geshelli Archel 2.5
Topping D50s, D90
Schiit Magni 3, Heresy

I also have a slick and easy to A/B setup for comparing either headphones or amps.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #10 of 126
Sounds like there's interest. I can't plan anything myself, what with being busy with a new job. I might be able to be part of a planning committee though ... I have a few good things to share:
Fostex T60RP balanced
Audeze SINE (with cipher)
Audeze iSine10 (ditto)
HD 6xx (nothing special though I have a nice custom cable from Ursine)
Schiit Jotunheim 4490

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #11 of 126
Hi folks.
I hosted the last Head-Fi meetup, in San Francisco last year. I had a great time doing it, and I'm not opposed to hosting it again. Like last year, my only requirement is that it can't be an all-day event. 4 hours was last year's duration, as I recall. But with setup and breakdown of equipment, tables, chairs, etc, it would be closer to 5 hours. Like last year, I'm happy to provide all tables, chairs, food, and drinks, asking only for a (totally optional) $10 donation to help offset some of the food and drink costs.
Dimitri

Feb 9, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #12 of 126
If this ends up coming together ill probably be able to make it. Not sure ill be able to help organize as ive never been in the area, but id love to attend. Ill have a ZMF Atticus and a Kenwood KH 71 to bring. Looking forward to more developments!

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:45 PM Post #13 of 126
I would definitely would like to join. Can't really offer much, only a pair a NAD HP50, but one day I could offer a listening to my main stereo system (Naim Nait XS, Revel F206).

Feb 18, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #14 of 126
I would be up for an event closer to mid-Peninsula - Mt. View to San Mateo for example.

I currently could only bring my Revamp Nuansa P1. I'm hoping to hear an Alo CDM or Woo WA8 as I am in the market for a desktop DAC/amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back