Anyone in Michigan around the Metro Detroit area?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2021 at 12:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

KillerQ

100+ Head-Fier
Hi!

I have only ever come across one other audiophile in Michigan. I’m curious because I’m looking to trade (even temporarily) my RME ADI-2 DAC fs for a Denafrips Ares II - and it made me realize how much nicer and more convenient it would be if I knew people within a couple hours of driving. Lol.

Happy Listening!

Here’s a random pic of my current setup!

825348F3-8C94-479C-A0AD-79536E0DEDBC.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2021 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 42
Head-fier in Ann Arbor here. :raised_hands:

Most of my stuff are portable gears, but would love to meet with other head-fiers when it is safe to do so.

Feb 15, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #5 of 42
Also in MI....Nice pic of your current setup. :thumbsup:

Apr 7, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #11 of 42
Detroit City is the place to be,
MadDog town gunna set you Free!

Native Detroiter here. I haven't heard of any gatherings since the Paulson's Audio meeting aprox 2 years ago. Really looking forward to another one in the future.

Sep 23, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #13 of 42
I'm from Adrian MI and used to be from northwest Ohio, toledo area. I'm not really what you could an audiphile in the common sense because I am poor lol. But I love audio, just can't afford the really fancy stuff.

There have to be others though because there are a few high end shops. Someone has to be funding these people. There is Paragon Sound which used to be in Toledo but moved to Michigan. Or they had two stores and closed one maybe? I used to go there in the 80's and 90's. Now Toledo has Jameson's. And there are quite a few installers and dealers they just don't have show rooms. Mostly hometheater stuff though. Jamesons tried to sell me a 5,000 dollar headphone amp a month or so ago when I went in there lol. And told me my computer was putting out a "dirty" digital signal. When I told them my budget was closer to 3 or 4 hundred bucks they said they could look on the internet with some of there vendors to see what they could find. I said "Yep, so can I, its 2021 after all". I was kind of wanting to see the product and hear it first. I am weird that way.

I would be interested in visiting some sort of a meet up. I really wouldn't have much to offer to be honest. High end for me is an Asgard 3 and Sundara's. However I would love to see other peoples toys and have some discussions. As long as I am well medicated, I have social anxiety.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #14 of 42
I'm from Adrian MI and used to be from northwest Ohio, toledo area. I'm not really what you could an audiphile in the common sense because I am poor lol. But I love audio, just can't afford the really fancy stuff.

There have to be others though because there are a few high end shops. Someone has to be funding these people. There is Paragon Sound which used to be in Toledo but moved to Michigan. Or they had two stores and closed one maybe? I used to go there in the 80's and 90's. Now Toledo has Jameson's. And there are quite a few installers and dealers they just don't have show rooms. Mostly hometheater stuff though. Jamesons tried to sell me a 5,000 dollar headphone amp a month or so ago when I went in there lol. And told me my computer was putting out a "dirty" digital signal. When I told them my budget was closer to 3 or 4 hundred bucks they said they could look on the internet with some of there vendors to see what they could find. I said "Yep, so can I, its 2021 after all". I was kind of wanting to see the product and hear it first. I am weird that way.

I would be interested in visiting some sort of a meet up. I really wouldn't have much to offer to be honest. High end for me is an Asgard 3 and Sundara's. However I would love to see other peoples toys and have some discussions. As long as I am well medicated, I have social anxiety.
This is a feed for SE Michigan meet. We met in 2018 before COVID. It's an old feed but the participants are wanting to get together at some point soon. When there's enough noise someone usually start organizing.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fal...-meet-impressions.892505/page-2#post-16220316

Sep 27, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #15 of 42

Hey, I am in plymouth MI. I don't have too much (see signiture) but I am defn interested in doing a MI meet-up with fellow headphone nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back