Anyone here use an E-Cig?
Dec 5, 2012 at 4:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

tjohnusa

Headphoneus Supremus
I am a smoker looking to kick the habit and am curious if anyone here used or uses an ecig. If you do can you state the brand, cost of your package and a quick review....also if you have tried others if you can give pros and cons that would be appreciated. I think I can enjoy one of these...now I just have to find a E-Beer.

Dec 5, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 13
I'm a very rare smoker but have heavy smoker friends that have started using ecigs. They're pretty great. Especially considering they don't smell. 

I've been considering one just for fun. I have an issue when I have nothing to do with my hands in public (hence smoking) and it really helps. They taste great. I personally like the 'Sweet Tart' flavor. :D

I've tried 3 different ecigs but I haven't been able to recall brands as I never asked. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #3 of 13
Pro-vari is the best e-cig you can buy. 

E-go twists 510s are pretty good starters in my opinion.
I wouldn't go with volcano cause they are just some generic company i bought a starter kit from them, their products are cheaply made 

Pros to smoking a e cig

- You get the nicotine you crave *DUHH*
- So many different flavors, they banned flavored cigarettes but they diddn't ban eliquids
- E-liquids last a long time $30 bottle last your about 1 1/2 in a half depending how much you smoke
- Smoke all you want, they don't run out (except the battery) you get about 5-8 hrs in a decent battery
- Smoke in doors its all water vapor
- Lower your nicotine mg you get off nicotine eventually

Cons
-They can leak if you don't know how to prepare them properly
- cant change flavors out of carto unless you want to mix them
-

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #4 of 13
Off topic but are you planning on attending the big spring meet here in Austin this spring?

Added you to the Texas Head-fier list.

Quote:
Pro-vari is the best e-cig you can buy. 

E-go twists 510s are pretty good starters in my opinion.
I wouldn't go with volcano cause they are just some generic company i bought a starter kit from them, their products are cheaply made 

Pros to smoking a e cig

- You get the nicotine you crave *DUHH*
- So many different flavors, they banned flavored cigarettes but they diddn't ban eliquids
- E-liquids last a long time $30 bottle last your about 1 1/2 in a half depending how much you smoke
- Smoke all you want, they don't run out (except the battery) you get about 5-8 hrs in a decent battery
- Smoke in doors its all water vapor
- Lower your nicotine mg you get off nicotine eventually

Cons
-They can leak if you don't know how to prepare them properly
- cant change flavors out of carto unless you want to mix them
-

Dec 7, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks for the input.....so many out there and looks like big buisness. The brand V2 looks like the Bose of ecigs in regards to marketing. I will wait for another week to decide.

Dec 9, 2012 at 10:58 AM Post #6 of 13
Interesting topic.

Can anyone post a few more brands and any relevant differences between them?

Also, they supposedly have less nicotine than most tobaccos, right?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #7 of 13
Gizmodo did a review of a few brands awhile back. I'd check that out. As for less Nicotine you can buy the flavors in many different strengths. Some of which I want to say have more than some cigarettes. 

Quote:
Interesting topic.

Can anyone post a few more brands and any relevant differences between them?

Also, they supposedly have less nicotine than most tobaccos, right?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 13
Quote:
Gizmodo did a review of a few brands awhile back. I'd check that out. As for less Nicotine you can buy the flavors in many different strengths. Some of which I want to say have more than some cigarettes. 

I'm guessing you're talking about this review?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #9 of 13
Yes, though take it with a grain of salt. I cited it more for brand info and links rather than an actual review. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

I'm guessing you're talking about this review?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:
Yes, though take it with a grain of salt. I cited it more for brand info and links rather than an actual review. 
rolleyes.gif

Interesting comments there, though :)

However, I do wonder about worldwide availability of some of those brands.

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #11 of 13
I personally love my provari . You can change the voltage from 2.9 all the way to 6 . Most dealers let you try the ecig and flavors at the shop. Get a subtle flavor for an all day vape. Like nutty flavor or expresso. Gizmodo doesn't know what they are talking about, its like reading a review about headphones on there. Go look up some ecig forums

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:02 PM Post #12 of 13
I have looked up some forums but they look like they are adverts for certain brands...v2 as I mentioned before seems quite dominant. Starter kits range from $75-$150 so I would like to just buy one.

Dec 19, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 13
  I have looked up some forums but they look like they are adverts for certain brands...v2 as I mentioned before seems quite dominant. Starter kits range from $75-$150 so I would like to just buy one.

Don't buy a starter kit. Buy your pieces separately & you'll save money. if you buy a kit, you also end up w/ a crappy random (most-likely-leaky) clearomizer that makes the experience not as enjoyable.

You need x2 ego batteries (510 threaded), x2 clearomizers (mini vivi nova is the best from my experience), x1 charger. this can be obtained sub-$50. you should also get a cheap syringe for cleaning out e-juice that gets into the center pole where the coils are. For performance upgrades, I recommend looking into low-resistant 1.8 ohm coils (mini vivi nova comes w/ this) for more vapor production. When choosing clearomizers, you want one that doesn't leak, top coil for warm vapor, long wick for better performance... aka mini vivi nova (i haven't found a better performing tank)

Add e-juice & you're done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back