Anyone here try the Coby CV720's?
Mar 14, 2010 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Olimoronio

500+ Head-Fier
Their CV-185's seem to be getting a bit of buzz on the portable forum - just wondering if anyone has tried these full-sized Coby's, and if so, what do you think of them.

57845073.jpg

Mar 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ear Damage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't want to hurt your feewings but

Coby =
lol_cat-12926.jpg

This cat speaks the truth... Coby is a value brand. Comparing anything they make to JVC is a big ol' slap in the face to ye olde Japanese Victor Company.

Mar 15, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Landis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This cat speaks the truth... Coby is a value brand. Comparing anything they make to JVC is a big ol' slap in the face to ye olde Japanese Victor Company.

I've tried Coby products a number of times (Perverse curiosity. Don't ask.) and frankly, most of them have been junk. I've got a set of Coby earbuds that I bought for less than $10. Even with Comply tips, they sound like tin cans and a string.

Having said that, I have owned a couple of their PCDPs, and one of them was actually excellent. It had a spiffy, clear lid, so you could see the CD spinning, which was very cool. It also had a lineout, which was even cooler. It sounded fairly respectable when connected to an amp and speakers.

So I wouldn't rule out the idea that they might actually come up with some decent-sounding phones, but I wouldn't bet on it, either.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:13 AM Post #7 of 8
I've heard a couple of their smaller phones that sound "decent." Sure, they weren't extended in either direction but the mids and midbass were quite good.

Also, you better go tell ljokerl that all they make is crap and comparing them to JVC would be a slap in the face because he prefers the CV-185's to the Flats.

Frankly, even modded I don't think that the RX700's are God's gift to budget headphones like many.

One thing you can count on from me is that I will give my honest assessment. I don't give a rat's ass WHAT brand they are - if they suck they suck and if they're good then they're good, period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back