anyone here sick?
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

cantsleep

Headphoneus Supremus
i think im pretty sick, caught cold, bad one i guess.
i took a medicine and sweating a little bit now.
i want to go home but.. i have to work..
ph34r.gif

ah.. time goes very very slow today..

everyone here okay?

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 62
Try some of this. You'll be just as sick, but really won't care.

nighttimeSevereHotLiquid.jpg

Just coming off about a 3-week cold and flu myself, about the sickest I've been in at least a decade. Get well soon!

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #3 of 62
I suffered through conducting research with two participants and sitting through class, all the while shoving various pieces of tissue and toilet paper up and around my nose, and trying not to bother people with my sneezing and sniffling.

I'm gonna go take a nap now...
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #5 of 62
I'm in the early stages. Been drinking water and eating like crazy, with the occasional vitamin/aspirin here and there.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:12 PM Post #6 of 62
i think this girl who drank my coke, the other day, gave me a flu.
i accidentally drank a little after she took some. argh..

im pretty healthy so i thought i was going to be okay but i guess not..

i like this icon
ph34r.gif

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i like this icon
ph34r.gif

The Theraflu's working that fast?

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #10 of 62
I felt the start of something on Monday. Last night I could hardly sleep because of a bad sore throat and clogged sinuses. This morning I could hardly talk. I've felt slightly better but pretty crappy all day. It's weird how colds seem to get worse at night. I wonder why that is?

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #11 of 62
Yeah, the nights are horrible. I'll think I'm getting better, then the next morning I'll wake up feeling a thousand times worse.

Nov 6, 2008 at 9:48 PM Post #12 of 62
I'm almost completely recovered from a head cold. Probably caught it on the trip back from Chicago where a dozen or so people on the plane were hacking. Glad it wasn't the flu.

Quote:

i supposed to get a shot on that day.
but they ran out and told me to come back next week!

It takes about two weeks to get the full protective effect from the flu vaccine (antibodies needs to build up), so it probably won't help you much now anyway if you did contract the flu virus.

I'm surprised they ran out where you went. I was under the impression there was a surplus of flu vaccine this year. I got my flu shot a couple of days ago.

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #13 of 62
I Just had my flu shot yesterday, didn't help with the sinus/chest infection I got a month ago that i'm on my *second* course of antibiotics for.

Worst infection i've ever had.. bleh.

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #14 of 62
when you ride a plane for a long period of time, and notice someone coughing, after a couple of hrs, you notice more and more people coughing.. i used the blindfold as a mask and managed to survive thru last time when i was in that situation.

Nov 6, 2008 at 10:53 PM Post #15 of 62
I've been having some dizziness and vertigo problem in the morning and late at night, I think it's due to fatigue and exhaustion, but I'll go see my physician tomorrow, just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back