Anyone here only own 1 pair of headphones? How are you holding up?
May 20, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #46 of 117
I have three pairs. M-50. PX 100-IIi. M6. All have been good to me, but I'd sell them all in a heart beat to go towards a set of ES-10's.

Sent from my ( CM9 ) Atrix "faux"-G using using Tapatalk 2

May 20, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #47 of 117
2 would be my minimum. I need a headset for my iPhone and then It would be my JH13 as the second set if I had to limit

May 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #50 of 117
Quote:
I own around 5 pairs, 2 of them I normally use on a daily basis. I'm thinking of selling the rest because first of all, I only have one head and secondly, I barely use them now) but I'm not sure if I'll miss them... Here's what I have:

1. Denon D2000(I use almost everyday)
  2. Sennheiser HD 25-1 II(I use on the go)
  3. Sennheiser HD 201(can sell or give away)
  4. Fake Beats by Dre Studio(I have no idea where I put them but they're like $50 anyway so it's okay)
  5. Grado SR125i(can sell)
  6. Koss TBSE1 (Pro DJ100) w/ M50 pads(can sell)

Planning to sell the Grados, Koss and give away the HD201 but then again, I think I can also sell the HD25-1. I know this is all based on personal preference but I'm just wondering if I do really need the Grados and the Koss. Currently selling the Grados right now to fund for an SR325i but now I'm wondering if I do really need it... This goes the same with the Koss. I love the sound but I find myself using the D2000s most of the time but the HD25-1's are very good on the go. This pair I often take to school. Also, now I'm kinda wanting the K550 because of the many times they get compared with the D2000's and that's a whole other can of worms I'm opening up...

Umm anyone here only have one pair? Or is it necessary to have at least two? I know someone that only has an LCD-2 but I really don't have that kind of money so I guess that can be my "D2000"... Er... lol opinions please.

How much would you want for the Grado's? PM me.

May 20, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #51 of 117
I can't sell them, I like the way they look when they're hanging up. :) Plus, they give me references for conversation around here.

TBH, I only listen to five of them on a regular basis at home; 007s, HE-6s, D7000s, SR60is, and my modded T50s. My V-80s are my portable pair for when I'm out and about.

May 20, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #52 of 117
I have used only DT880 pro's for the last 6 months, they still sound superb to my ears. I feel like people listen to their rig and not necessarily their music. For me, I enjoy my music even if the quality isn't that great, having great audio quality takes music from a backround activity to a main activity. I will probably buy better headphones in the future, but I don't need new headphones to enjoy listening. Granted, I could really benefit from listening to some other headphones, as a neutral sound signature can be a bit boring for some music, but I usually am bored because I don't love the music, not because I don't love the headphones.

To sum up my rambling, I don't think more than 1 pair is needed as long as you enjoy what your hearing, not just enjoy the different sound signatures and comparing products.

May 20, 2012 at 10:02 PM Post #53 of 117
Quote:
I have used only DT880 pro's for the last 6 months, they still sound superb to my ears. I feel like people listen to their rig and not necessarily their music. For me, I enjoy my music even if the quality isn't that great, having great audio quality takes music from a backround activity to a main activity. I will probably buy better headphones in the future, but I don't need new headphones to enjoy listening. Granted, I could really benefit from listening to some other headphones, as a neutral sound signature can be a bit boring for some music, but I usually am bored because I don't love the music, not because I don't love the headphones.

To sum up my rambling, I don't think more than 1 pair is needed as long as you enjoy what your hearing, not just enjoy the different sound signatures and comparing products.

well said

May 21, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #54 of 117
Currently have HE500, t50rp paradox, hd600, ms2i and ie8s. I don't even touch the ms2i, the hd600's only once in a blue moon. Ie8's for portable/ daily commute and then 90% of headtime goes to he500 while the remaining 10% with the paradox.

But, now I have HD800's coming this week, and will probably take it easy and stick with those and the hifiman and sell the rest; the rest is totally unnecessary and overkill for my needs if they're not going to be used.

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 21, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #55 of 117
Only one pair for me now i sold everything off and bought the Signature pro, best decision I ever made.

Jun 10, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #56 of 117
I wish I owned more than one pair of phones. Sold my es18 for some windfall over the next week bbefore I get my grados. Wish I had another budget phone to tide me over.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 10, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #57 of 117
I recently just finished a huge purge/sell-off, and went from 7 full-size cans (6+ a ringer) to two (and I used two and only two for years quite contently - and no I didn't stay with the same two cans). At first I thought I'd regret losing so many different windows, but as I started unloading cans I realized that it forces me to spend more time with the ones that are left-over. And given that the murder of cans I had were all "liked" I'm coming to realize I could've kept any of them (randomly) and been equally happy. I'm thinking about a #3, but for fairly practical reasons: I ended up with two open-back cans that leak like sieves, and I kind of want something that isolates. But I'm not really married to that, and would be perfectly content with what I've got "left."

I found that having a murder of cans was fun, and it's always neat to have multiple windows on a given track, but if you like a given can you can probably also live with it in perpetuity (and if you can't, you don't really like it :wink:). So why muddy the waters with sister wives?

Oh, and it makes cable management around the listening station *IMMENSELY* better - I can pick up a pair of cans and not risk pulling down a shelf of equipment and clutter with it.

Jun 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #58 of 117
I don't really have room for so many headphones, so I think two or three would work for me.  Right now, all I have is the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO.  I've been meaning to upgrade, but really haven't found something I consider worthy (just shoot me already, lol).  I did demo quite a few headphones, and among them so far the one I enjoyed the most was the Beyerdynamics DT990/600 ohm.  I think I would want to stick with either Beyerdynamics or Sennheiser.  I tried Grado, and loved it.  Yet it didn't work perfectly for me with most of my music.  Same with Ultrasone.  The headphone I did love was the Audez'e LCD2 Rev. 2, which was just superb, but atm way out of my budget...one day...

The only headphone(s) I am considering currently are:

Sennheiser
-HD580/600
-HD 650
-HD598

Beyerdynamics
-DT990/600ohm
-DT880/600ohm

Hifiman
-HE-300
-HE-400

The only issue with this relatively small list is that the only headphones I really got to audition were the DT990/600ohm.  I heard both the HD600 and HD650, but briefly.  I enjoyed the HD600, but I still would like to demo both again.

Jun 11, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #59 of 117
I have probably owned 25-30 headphones, usually 4-5 pairs at the same time, through the past 5-6 years and during the last year or so I have been trying to find that ONE headphone and ONE IEM for transportation. Currently Beyerdynamic T70p is my choice for the full size but I am waiting for a T5p jsut to try it for a while. If it is better than T70p I think I will settle for a while with being 100% portable and also sell my Meier desktop DAC and AMP. 

So for me I do not want to keep headphones I rarely use and reather have one headphone suitable for most music and listening situations. 

Aug 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #60 of 117
While I used to only have 1 headphone (max 2) at a time, I find it so much easier to have a pair of earbuds for general portable use and something, just... better at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back