Anyone here listen to reggae? I desperately need help identifying a song...
Jan 26, 2005 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

null

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi guys. I was listening to some cool reggae someone had playing. There were a few songs from ONE artist that were really good. I can't remember much about them lol. One song's lyrics had something along the lines of "live and die, live and die, live and die, going downtown tonight!" (or something to that affect anyway) Another song had a kid singing about "my generation....the nation...." or something. If anyone knows anything about these songs, please respond! Hehe! Thanks! (btw they were both from the same artist)

Jan 26, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 8
I can't name those songs off hand, but you could try the forums over at jungletrain.net or dirtybox (see sig) as they both have a ton of ragga, raggae, 2step, jungle, etc heads there that have helped me before...

Jan 26, 2005 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 8
try www.boogiebrown.com - Clinton Fearon is a local reggae group, with some infectious rhymes and tunes, they have some mp3s there to download.

Jan 26, 2005 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
...Another song had a kid singing about "my generation....the nation...." or something....

not sure about the first one, but might this have been "police and thieves" by junior murvin (written and produced by lee "scratch" perry)?

Quote:

police and thieves in the street (oh yeah)
fighting the nation with their
guns and ammunition.

police and thieves in the street (oh yeah)
scaring the nation with their
guns and ammunition.

from genesis... to revelation...
the next generation will be...
hear me.

all the crowd come in
day by day
they don't try to stop it
in any way
all the peacemaker
third war officer
hear what i say...

Jan 26, 2005 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 8
Yay! I found it! Thanks to ivandal for the jungletrain link. Those guys knew what I was looking for. I was looking for Musical Youth "Pass the dutchie" hehe. Thanks! (BTW, thanks to you other guys for the good suggestions too!)

Jan 26, 2005 at 9:08 PM Post #8 of 8
pass the dutchie???
blink.gif

man, i was wayyyy off.

glad you found it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back