Anyone here heard the RadioShack AUVIO CH102?
Feb 25, 2010 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Olimoronio

500+ Head-Fier
"Retro Stereo Headphones"

493b7c10.jpg

Did a search but came up with nothing.

I went into a local RatShack and my girlfriend saw these and fell in love with them. "They're cute and you can change the color... blah, blah, blah!"
confused_face_2.gif

I don't mind getting them for her but I don't want to spend 40 bones on trash.

I read some reviews (almost all positive) and one of them said that they sound better than the Titanium series. I take it he means some of the older Koss that use the KSC-75 driver like my Pro 25's. If you've heard them do you agree with this assessment? Do they at least sound decent?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 26, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 9
Someone who takes my bus to school has them, I had no clue what they were until seeing that pic. I might ask them for a quick listen for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #6 of 9
From a review on the radioshack site:

Quote:

really freaking good better then skull candy equivilent

Well, that's a load off. Maybe they are worth a shot. Auvio-branded gear is sourced from a Chinese OEM so who knows what's really underneath those cups. Their top-of-the-range BA IEM uses the same armature as the Soundmagic PL50 IIRC. Doesn't sound half bad, either.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:07 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ethan961 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone who takes my bus to school has them, I had no clue what they were until seeing that pic. I might ask them for a quick listen for you
smily_headphones1.gif

Would you? That would be very cool of you. I just want one opinion comparing them to some other phones and that they're not crap and I'm getting them for her.

Feb 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Olimoronio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would you? That would be very cool of you. I just want one opinion comparing them to some other phones and that they're not crap and I'm getting them for her.

I haven't seen them wear them for a few weeks so I'm not 100% sure if they still have them but I'll certainly ask.

Mar 15, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #9 of 9
I have the Auvio armatures...they're not bad...but there's definitely room for improvement..they sound great with trance and house at about 75% volume or just a bit higher on my iPhone 2g... don't really have any other iems currently to compare them to but they're satisfying with the foamies they come with... would recommend them but every reviewer says the Image S4s are much better for the $75 price range... but i see that Auvio's price dropped down to $50 so its not bad for that kinda money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back