Anyone heard V-cap?
Mar 19, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #2 of 12
They may very well sound great but the day I pay those prices for a single capacitor I seriously hope someone slaps me and brings me back to reality !

$64 for two 0.01 caps ? Not fkn likely
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 12
I've been eyeballing those for quite awhile...but holy sheeite...those prices.

They'd truly have to increase the sound signature to a new stellar level unknown to mankind for me to whip out the debit card.

Mar 19, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #5 of 12
Holy sh!t.... Those are expensive...

Mar 20, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #9 of 12
You can replace your capacitors with the ultimate boutique grade caps, but what will you do about the hundreds - possibly thousands of capacitors - many of them electrolytics - that the signal went through before it got to you?

Mar 20, 2006 at 8:51 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj
You can replace your capacitors with the ultimate boutique grade caps, but what will you do about the hundreds - possibly thousands of capacitors - many of them electrolytics - that the signal went through before it got to you?

Blow up the delivery trucks before they get the caps to the builders

Explosion.jpg

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:38 AM Post #11 of 12
I've heard the the Vcaps are very good but depending on the space available, you can try the russian surplus caps you can find on ebay. They are huge and most don't have a conventional connector but the folks over on Audio Asylum's DIY tube forum seem to like them allot.The only drawback is you usually have to buy in lots sometimes as few as 4 but they usually go for just a few bucks each. They were built for the ex soviet military and if produced here comercially it's been said that they would make the costs of Vcaps seem very small. There are some pictures on the Bottlehead forum of a guy who has been cramming them into Seduction and Foreplay kits.I think Relcaps also make teflon caps but I heard they sound a bit bleached.Check out those forums, there's tons of postings under teflon caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back