Anyone heard or own the B&W P5??
Jul 12, 2010 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

yliu

500+ Head-Fier
Can you give me a review on it. I found some reviews saying its very good, and some saying it totally does't worth the price, and its mids are horrible, bass is muddy, and highs are rolled off.

Jul 13, 2010 at 10:20 AM Post #3 of 11
Very polarizing pair of headphones. You got both camps (the love them and hate them crowds) firmly entrenched in their positions. FWIW, I thought they sounded pleasant, and the aesthetics are top notch, but not enough to convince me to drop $350 on them.

Of course, you can always ask gorgonmusic his thoughts about them.

Jul 13, 2010 at 11:53 AM Post #4 of 11
Go to the "Head Gear" section - there are a LOT of reviews of the P5 posted there.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Go to the "Head Gear" section - there are a LOT of reviews of the P5 posted there.

Looks like most people says the sound is not that good, I don't know, I think i'll have to listen to them when I go home from vacation in about a month, and I'll give my impressions :)
Let's hope that the apple retailer have a sample for trying them out.
and any rumors about new cans from B&W? it's sad that their headphone disappointed peoples, they used to make very nice products with great build quality.

Jul 14, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #6 of 11
They still make great products with great build quality.  And the P5 have great build quality - just a funky sound.  But that doesn't mean B&W doesn't know how to make great speakers anymore - they most certainly do!

Jul 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
They still make great products with great build quality.  And the P5 have great build quality - just a funky sound.  But that doesn't mean B&W doesn't know how to make great speakers anymore - they most certainly do!

Yeah, I have a 5.1 set of their speakers, and the Zeppelin and I love them! but the P5 doesn't seen to get all the 5 star reviews like the Zeppelin and the Zeppelin mini, pretty sad. I hope they come out with some cool IEMs :) I love their black and chrome design!

Jul 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 11
The P5's offer a very specific sound. Some love it, like myself, and some hate it. You really should hear them before you write them off. You may find yourself pleasantly surprised.

Jul 14, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #9 of 11
How important are the following things to you?

Detail?  You're good with p5s
Build Quality?  Awesome.
Aesthetics?  Unrivaled.
Soundstage?  None to speak of.  Just music flat on your ears, like many iems.  This could be a deal breaker for some.
Bass? These aren't for bassheads, but the bass is clear and controlled.
Neutrality?  Here's where these are polarizing.  Many consider them too colored.  An upper bass hump gives them a warm relaxing/non fatiguing sound that offends some and pleases others.
Use without an amp?  great.
Comfort?  Great.  After about a week of clamping they just know what to do.  Memory foam and leather, baby.

Jul 15, 2010 at 9:21 AM Post #10 of 11

Quote:
How important are the following things to you?

Detail?  You're good with p5s
Build Quality?  Awesome.
Aesthetics?  Unrivaled.
Soundstage?  None to speak of.  Just music flat on your ears, like many iems.  This could be a deal breaker for some.
Bass? These aren't for bassheads, but the bass is clear and controlled.
Neutrality?  Here's where these are polarizing.  Many consider them too colored.  An upper bass hump gives them a warm relaxing/non fatiguing sound that offends some and pleases others.
Use without an amp?  great.
Comfort?  Great.  After about a week of clamping they just know what to do.  Memory foam and leather, baby.

Uhmmm. I don't really care about soundstage unless the soundstage really that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back