Anyone have/try the Headroom Little amp?
Apr 29, 2004 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mtkversion

500+ Head-Fier
I see that Headroom is selling the Little amp for just $195.

This is right in my budget so it perked my interest.

I currently have an offer to buy another HF members Gilmore Lite but I want to weigh all my options.

How is this amp? It will be matched with HD580/V6's.

It will use the stock PS but if the PS upgrade is worth it ( from your opinions of course ) I would be willing to pick that up in the future.

Would you take a Little over a Gilmore Lite or vice versa?
redface.gif

Thanks in advance for your help ...
cool.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 4:06 AM Post #2 of 4
I have a standard little and a Gilmore V2, based on that I would get the Gilmore Lite, no question (since the Lite and V2 are supposed to be relatively close). The Little has a smeared and unfocused presentation compared to the V2. It only sounded good compared to the Total Airhead. I have some equipment with headphone jacks that I think does as good a job driving the Senns as the Little. The Gilmore beats the crap out of any jack I've tried.

You've got to consider that:
1) The parts used in the Lite are probably worth several times the parts in the Little
2) The Gilmore Dynamic amp was designed by Dr. Kevin Gilmore
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2004 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 4
I have a standard Little but have not heard the Gilmore. I would pass on the Little. I was using a Sony MDR-V600 bought years ago out of a SB Live when I bought the Little thinking it would do great things for my mp3's. Not so. Not every out of the stereo system upstairs.

Apr 29, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your comments guys ... I've crossed the Little out of the choices I'm still deciding on ....
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back