Anyone have the latest stable Rockbox firmware build for Sansa Clip v1?
Oct 29, 2010 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

kloan

1000+ Head-Fier
The file's not found when I try to download it from their site, and the installer can't find the file either. It's been missing for over a week, so I'm not sure when they're going to have it fixed.... meanwhile, my Clip has a partially installed Rockbox and won't boot properly.

Does anyone have the file they can send me?

Oct 29, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 3

Quote:
The file's not found when I try to download it from their site, and the installer can't find the file either. It's been missing for over a week, so I'm not sure when they're going to have it fixed.... meanwhile, my Clip has a partially installed Rockbox and won't boot properly.

Does anyone have the file they can send me?

I updated two Clip+'s and a Fuze V1 today without issue......using the installer.

Oct 30, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 3
The problem I was having with the installer was the Quick install option.. it only installed 3.6, as someone pointed out to me on the Rockbox forum, 3.6 wasn't for the Clip. It was suggested I try installing the 'current build' instead of 'rockbox stable', which I did through the Installation tab instead.

Got it working now, and it's really frickin cool! Definitely a huge improvement over the original UI. I really like the smaller fonts and menu structure, and it seems that skipping tracks is much quicker now too.

I'm gonna have to explore it a bit to see what all of the options are, but it seems very configurable with lots of extra goodies that weren't there before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back