Anyone have opinions on RE0 vs RE252?
Nov 27, 2009 at 4:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

iamthecheese

100+ Head-Fier
I was pretty set on the re0s until I saw the re252s on sale today. I've read over a couple threads and can't really develope a conclusion for myself.

I have a fiio e5 amp for now, but I plan on spending 75-100 bucks on a portable amp around christmas.

Does anyone have any input here?

Nov 27, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamthecheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was pretty set on the re0s until I saw the re252s on sale today. I've read over a couple threads and can't really develope a conclusion for myself.

I have a fiio e5 amp for now, but I plan on spending 75-100 bucks on a portable amp around christmas.

Does anyone have any input here?

id say stuff the amp for the mo and get the 0 and 252, amps are bonuses not necessities

Nov 27, 2009 at 10:20 PM Post #4 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id say stuff the amp for the mo and get the 0 and 252, amps are bonuses not necessities

That's good to hear because I don't have an amp and planning on getting one.

You seem to have quite a few/many of these, how are these two compared to SE530, jazz, vocals, r&b?

Thanks

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 37
After reading a couple threads I'm leaning slightly towards the 252s?
Anyone wanna sway me one way or the other?

Nov 29, 2009 at 2:16 AM Post #9 of 37
I haven't heard the RE252, but that friggin' shape is fairly off-putting. I realize that it's meant to help keep the IEM in the ear, but it seems that it would really hurt after a while (which seems to be the case for many people, actually).

Plus, the RE0 sound so great, and don't have any issues staying in my ears, I don't see the point in spending the extra $20 on what, in the end, may actually be a downgrade.

Just my $0.02.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:44 AM Post #10 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't heard the RE252, but that friggin' shape is fairly off-putting. I realize that it's meant to help keep the IEM in the ear, but it seems that it would really hurt after a while (which seems to be the case for many people, actually).

Plus, the RE0 sound so great, and don't have any issues staying in my ears, I don't see the point in spending the extra $20 on what, in the end, may actually be a downgrade.

Just my $0.02.

+1, the price difference doesn't seem like much, but $20 is nothing to bat an eye at if you think about it.

Nov 29, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #12 of 37
When i receive my 252's i will tell you which i prefer, though you may wanna jump on that 99 dollar sale while its on.

Love the RE0s with my S639 but very much looking forward to perhaps a more full sound with the 252's. Gotta say Head Direct rocks!

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:36 AM Post #13 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just my $0.02.

Yep yep. That was my train of thought exactly... Potentially extremely uncomfortable... not necessarily an upgrade from the RE0... most likely not an upgrade from the ATH-CK10... $104 is still a good amount of dough.

Of course I went and bought them anyway.

Nov 29, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw i havent seen any one with the 252 say its uncomfortable

its just a bugger te work out how to get them to fit you but once you find away its so soft there is no discomfort.

Hmmm, weird. I thought I had read about people needing to cut off the rubber arm that extends down past the bottom of the ear, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back