Anyone have a Twinhead yet?
Oct 4, 2002 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
I paid for and ordered a Twinhead about a month ago at the same time I bought the wonderful Tulip amp.I'm patient but wondering if anyone has actually had a production version delivered.I first saw the Twinhead in Las Vegas back in January and Joe Lau told me they had to work out some bugs.I then saw the example that the Texas head-fiers had at their meet and was very intrigued.I'm still waiting.........................

Oct 4, 2002 at 8:34 AM Post #2 of 16
The TwinHead at the Dallas meeting was a fuggin incredible treat to hear, completely discombobulating my kundalini in waves of eargasmic bliss. OK, maybe that's overdoing it a bit... but I'll be damned if it wasn't at least the RKV's equal.

The race is on. Who will be the first to load up a TwinHead with 2.5V TJ meshplate 300b's? I wish it was me!

Oct 4, 2002 at 2:53 PM Post #3 of 16
I've almost decided that I can't really have a favorite amp. It's really close--but either way that top tier right now only has three amps for me so far: RKV, TwinHead and EAR. I'm really looking forward to hearing more about the final version since what I heard was really more of a prototype.

You're gonna have to earn your name with this one, Tuberoller. That's some expensive ass tuberolling.

Oct 4, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #4 of 16
Yeah,2A3,45 and 300B tubes ain't cheap but I got some gems on hand already.I actually prefer the sonics of the 2A3 to the 300B but I'll try both out on the Twinhead when I get it as well as a few 45 and 45a tubes.I hope this amp will sound as good or better than the tuberolled and modded Wheatfield HA2.I'm waiting....................................

Oct 4, 2002 at 9:45 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
hey tuberoller, I thought you were done buying gear for this year, remember it was time to enjoy the music????

Hahahaha and Vertigo is giving up headphones and Hirsch isn't going to buy anymore amps. My friend, I have a fabulous ocean view condo timeshare to sell you in Montana.

Oct 4, 2002 at 10:10 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by kelly
Hahahaha and Vertigo is giving up headphones and Hirsch isn't going to buy anymore amps. My friend, I have a fabulous ocean view condo timeshare to sell you in Montana.

dude, go for it! kelly sold me some great oceanfront property in Arizona last year.
wink.gif

Oct 5, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #10 of 16
If it wasn't for the fact that I don't have room on my shelf for the Twinhead, I'd seriously consider it. It's serious competition for my Melos Maestro. It's in the same price range as a used Maestro and serves the same function as a pre-amp, coming complete wih a remote.

That said, it's not entirely impossible that I try out a TwinHead eventually. I'm certainly curious...

Mark

Oct 5, 2002 at 5:40 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Hahahaha ... and Hirsch isn't going to buy anymore amps.

This would show up in a thread about the Twinhead
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2002 at 7:52 AM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by fyrfytrhoges
hey tuberoller, I thought you were done buying gear for this year, remember it was time to enjoy the music????

True enough brother,but I said that at the time I bought the Tulip amp.I actually bought the Twinhead at the same time.So technically...................... .

Really,I very have been commited to listening more and not making system changes.I have purchased a few cables and power cords and I usually install turntables in my main system during set-up before I ship them but I have not changed my main system configuration since making that statement.I have not enjoyed music this much in a long time and that is mostly due to being able to enjoy my system as-is.Stepping off the upgrade path is a tough thing to do,especially since so much gear passes through my hands and under my nose,but I am committed and will stick to my guns.

Oct 5, 2002 at 11:01 AM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Well, I sort of did give up headphones. Didn't I say all along that I much preferred speakers over headphones?

Earspeakers, that is...
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 7, 2002 at 4:53 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Are there some K1000s coming in from the mist?
biggrin.gif

The mist lifted, and there appeared the Omega II's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back