Anyone going out Black Friday?
Nov 28, 2002 at 10:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

andrzejpw

May one day invent Bose-cancelling headphones.
So, is anyone planning on making any shopping trips tomorrow? Perhaps audio related?
evil_smiley.gif
I'm personally looking to pick up a geforce 4 ti4200 tomorrow at best buy for $90, if I can get in front of everybody else. Oh, and a $10 cd-rw looks nice. . . I mean, why not?
wink.gif

So, let's share your plans, and hopefully, finds tomorrow.

Nov 29, 2002 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 15
One thing is for sure, I am not stepping one foot into a store tomorrow. If I buy anything it will be from the P.S. Audio website.
I usually have a habit of giving gift certificates for Christmas; which I find most people like, especially if you know the person's habits.

Nov 29, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 15
I'll be working. I volunteered to work tomorrow and Satuday specificially because I refuse to take part in all that craziness!

Nov 29, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #4 of 15
No store shopping here either. I may do a little on line shopping.
CRESCENDOPOWER, you can put me on your chirstmas list. I love gift certificates.

Why do they call it "black friday"?

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD

First day of x-mas shopping. I assume retailers refer to it as black friday since all hell breaks loose.

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:30 AM Post #7 of 15
Three words: [size=small]not a chance!!![/size]

Nov 29, 2002 at 2:51 AM Post #8 of 15
I might get a power conditioner / strip tomorrow but that's because I need one (ok sound more like like not need
tongue.gif
) and not because there are any deals i'm interested in.

Nov 29, 2002 at 7:27 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD

I think Stores mark off profits with black and debt with red. With Christmas shopping, stores expect to see alot of profit hence black friday. Correct me if I am wrong.

Nov 29, 2002 at 9:17 AM Post #10 of 15
Not only am I going out but I'll be working the retail beat, and I'll be starting at 6am (when we open).

Actually it's been my experience that Black Friday isn't as busy as it could be in the last five years, due to reasoning as such that's been posted above. Saturday has been the busier of the two as a result.

Nov 29, 2002 at 5:58 PM Post #11 of 15
Ok, I have to change my answer as my wife, parent, niece and I are going to see Treasure Planet today at the 3:50 showing. Supposedly the theater where we are going is never crowded, so we'll risk the trip out!!!

Dec 1, 2002 at 5:17 AM Post #15 of 15
I braved the crowds and squeezed my body through the masses over at the Art Institute of Chicago. They are having a special exhibit on the Italian renaissance and Michelangelo. I'll only be in town for another 8 hours or so, so I thought I'd make the trip. Though it was crowded, it was still worth it... though some of the comments from the peanut gallery were interesting to overhear... on my left is pretentious art guy who thinks he knows a lot but actually knows jack and he is wearing a sweater around his neck and has sunglasses on inside, on my right is the ignoramous who ponders the increases in genitalia size over the last 500 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back