Anyone getting the Alessandro MS-2e?
Jul 15, 2014 at 2:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

goober-george

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm highly considering getting the Alessandro MS-2e after auditioning my friend's MS-1e (the drivers are red) and have noticed they actually compare very favorably to my old Grado SR-225. The MS-1e to my ear has a much more 3d presentation to the music, air and separation is much greater for instruments. The soundstage is bigger and I wonder if this is due to the change in shape and size of the cup. They seem to also have punchier bass, with fairly tame highs. The only real positive I can see the SR-225 having is that they have better treble extension but, it is also brighter at the same time. I am only using a uDac 2 as an amp/dac source so maybe I'm missing a lot out on the SR-225s but I doubt it. *edit* The pads I used for the MS1e were stock and the SR-225 had the Sennheiser HD-414 yellow pads.

The uDac2 definitely improved both headphones but the difference was quite clear on well recorded songs. So this only wants me to get the MS-2e even more, just wondering if anyone has listened to them at all or if they are planning to get a pair themselves.

Thanks.

Sep 8, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2 of 8
I thought I would revive this thread, as I know these are close to being released. I sent an email last week, and they said they would be ready soon.

I have been planning on the 325e, however, am now thinking the MS2e might be a better choice, as I'm not planning to go with a tube amp. And, I think I'd prefer a more balanced sound. I don't have anything local to test, so am doing a lot of reading to inform myself.

Cheers.

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3 of 8
I thought I would revive this thread, as I know these are close to being released. I sent an email last week, and they said they would be ready soon.

I have been planning on the 325e, however, am now thinking the MS2e might be a better choice, as I'm not planning to go with a tube amp. And, I think I'd prefer a more balanced sound. I don't have anything local to test, so am doing a lot of reading to inform myself.

Cheers.

Any update, Or has anyone else acquired a pair or have listened to them?

Sep 29, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 8
I haven't heard anything more. You might try hitting them up directly through their site, they were pretty quick to respond to me.

I think I saw them mentioned in another thread, so may be worth reaching out.

Feb 7, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #5 of 8
I just received some MS-2s with the red driver.  Fist experience with Alessandro'd Grados.  I have some SR-80i and I got a little sick of them and they were shelved for a long time / lent out to my dad.  I was spending a lot of time with my HD600s and Q701.  About a month ago, I got the Grados back and I started giving them some more ear time and I remembered what I had liked about them in the first place.  They're a fun listen, they just aren't refined like the Sennheisers or AKG.  I wanted something with the aggressive nature of the Grados but without the harshness in the top end.  The MS-2 fits the bill excellently and is now my go-to rock headphone.  I can say they don't quite have the airiness or depth of the aforementioned cans but they make guitars sound plain badass and I don't get any more of the fatigue I had from the SR-80i.  Can say they do well with my Schiit gear.

Feb 14, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #6 of 8
  I just received some MS-2s with the red driver.  Fist experience with Alessandro'd Grados.  I have some SR-80i and I got a little sick of them and they were shelved for a long time / lent out to my dad.  I was spending a lot of time with my HD600s and Q701.  About a month ago, I got the Grados back and I started giving them some more ear time and I remembered what I had liked about them in the first place.  They're a fun listen, they just aren't refined like the Sennheisers or AKG.  I wanted something with the aggressive nature of the Grados but without the harshness in the top end.  The MS-2 fits the bill excellently and is now my go-to rock headphone.  I can say they don't quite have the airiness or depth of the aforementioned cans but they make guitars sound plain badass and I don't get any more of the fatigue I had from the SR-80i.  Can say they do well with my Schiit gear.

is it the MS2e? can you look inside the cup and see if there is any holes punched? i'm curious if they punched holes in it if it's the e model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back