Anyone feeling Radiohead's "Hail to the thief" album?
Apr 20, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #16 of 39
i'm not a Radiohead fan, but i LOVE Kid A. i have Amnesiac and Hail to the Thief on order. but if HTTF is more like OK Computer lite, i may pass.

Apr 21, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #18 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ojnihs
Am I the only one here who just absolutely hates Radiohead? The music makes me cringe in disgust everytime I hear it. Bring on the flaming everyone!

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. Hate is a pretty harsh word though, a tinge of jealousy perhaps?

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sladeophile
You are certainly entitled to your own opinion. Hate is a pretty harsh word though, a tinge of jealousy perhaps?

Jealousy? Of what? Their success? I could care less how successful they are or the amount of publicity they get, it's not like I'm in the music biz. Like I said, I don't like their music, doesn't have to do with anything about them as people or what not.

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:40 PM Post #20 of 39
sit down stand up was my marching band fieldshow last year
and the ballad was its not up to you by bjork

...i'm not kidding, PM me if u want the midi or the band playing it

Apr 21, 2006 at 11:49 PM Post #22 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel
If you hate Radiohead's music, why are you even bothering to post in this thread?

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we can't post if we don't like something. Look around you, it happens in nearly ever thread in this forum.

rolleyes.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 12:03 AM Post #23 of 39
Quote:

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we can't post if we don't like something. Look around you, it happens in nearly ever thread in this forum.

rolleyes.gif

So why perpetuate it?
rolleyes.gif
Besides, I didn't say don't post. I was merely asking you a question. This thread is obviously populated by Radiohead fans. What's the point of dropping the "gee, does anyone else here just hate Radiohead?" bomb? You smell like a troll to me.

Apr 22, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #24 of 39
Quote:

rolleyes.gif

I would have had no problem with it if you actually explained why you hate radiohead, then that would be informative for the thread. Otherwise, it was a pointless comment and rather immature, most grown adults don't use the word hate very much, especially when you don't have a good reason to have "hate" for them...

Apr 22, 2006 at 4:03 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Am I the only one here who just absolutely hates Radiohead? The music makes me cringe in disgust everytime I hear it. Bring on the flaming everyone!

This from a man with Helloween as one of his top artists on last.fm
rolleyes.gif

Apr 22, 2006 at 6:30 AM Post #26 of 39
it's called threadcrapping my friend. read the sticky.

as for radiohead..they've become somewhat of an obsession (if you couldn't tell from my sig/avatar). i have everything they have ever put down on tape and then some. they have some great unreleased songs that they've played live..some of which hopefully show up on the new LP. one song in particular called 'nude' and has also been known as 'big ideas (don't get any)' is a definate candidate for the new album.

hail to the theif was a bit of a let down for me at first, too. but it's because kid a/amnesiac left me with such high expectations. i was loving the direction they were headed. i still love the album, but definitely not my favourite. hopefully LP7 will be as good as i'm hoping it will be.

Apr 24, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #27 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by quoteunquote
they have some great unreleased songs that they've played live..some of which hopefully show up on the new LP. one song in particular called 'nude' and has also been known as 'big ideas (don't get any)' is a definate candidate for the new album.

Jesus. That might just be my favourite Radiohead song ever, I can't believe it hasn't been released yet. I wasn't aware that there were any rumours or speculation of hope of it ever being recorded in the studio in the future, but if it is ever released, I'll be thrilled.

Apr 24, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
sit down stand up was my marching band fieldshow last year
and the ballad was its not up to you by bjork

...i'm not kidding, PM me if u want the midi or the band playing it

Thanks feh1325 for sending me this, it sounds super cool, and I love marching band stuff. I hope other people ask you for this so they can get to hear it, it's really neat.

Apr 24, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #29 of 39
I'm a Radiohead fanatic. When I got the TT, I went out and bought everything on vinyl, just because. I of course had everything on RBCD already
smily_headphones1.gif

Kid A-Amnesiac, two albums that are really one great album from the same recording session was in my mind their pinnacle, even though, for my personal tastes, the Bends holds the most nostalgic value and perhaps the highest relistening of any of their albums. I apprecite OK Computer a whole bunch, really get along well with Pablo Honey, but I do admit that I was not bowled over by HTTT at first. I rather enjoy it a lot now, but it was a "one to grow on" album.

Apr 25, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #30 of 39
RH are up to have a release that is lame. They never did so far, and I doubt they ever will.

I remeber TY stating smth like "never let the audience to catch up with you. because if they do, they'll rip you into pieces." couldn't be more true.

580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back