Anyone Else Playing in the WSOP?
Jun 25, 2008 at 3:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

rlanger

Headphoneus Supremus
Is anyone going to be in Vegas for the main event of the World Series of Poker?

I leave on Saturday and will be playing in event #53 that starts next Monday, and will also probably try to sattelite into the main event.

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #2 of 23
i wish i could because i think i would do quite well. but alas i am underage. I will have to stick to pokerstars

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlanger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone going to be in Vegas for the main event of the World Series of Poker?

I leave on Saturday and will be playing in event #53 that starts next Monday, and will also probably try to sattelite into the main event.

Hey...maybe Oicdn will be your dealer. Lucky you!

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #7 of 23
Hah...somebody wear a Head-Fi shirt....if I see it, I'll start conversation, lol.

Jun 27, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, good luck! I hope to see a HFer at a final table, taking on The Brat.

Thanks. You'll know it's me from my Suyama Custom E-500s!!

Don't expect that we'll see anyone else wearing customs. Haven't yet anyway, although I had dinner with Phil Hellmuth in April and tried to convince him that he needed some UE11s. Haven't seen him since, but I'll see if he actually picked a pair up when I see him.

Oicdn, keep an eye out for me and my customs.

Jun 27, 2008 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 23
Nope...Phil is still using iBuds....suck. LOTS and LOTS of Bose there though...LOTS. It's funny, cause those same people are wearing $10K watches, with really nice jewelry, Ferrari shirts and jackets...and crap headphones, hahaha.

Jun 27, 2008 at 10:43 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope...Phil is still using iBuds....suck. LOTS and LOTS of Bose there though...LOTS. It's funny, cause those same people are wearing $10K watches, with really nice jewelry, Ferrari shirts and jackets...and crap headphones, hahaha.

Yeah the Bose thing is understandable. When people see guys like Phil Ivey wearing them on TV, they figure Phil can afford any headphone he wants, so those must be the best.

Have you seen anyone wearing customs Nate?

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:23 AM Post #11 of 23
Naw...haven't seen any customs. The most "hi-fi" thing I've seen is somebody wearing V-Modas. Most everybody has a 3G Nano or iphone/touch here.

Funny thing you mention Phil Ivey. I was dealing an Omaha Tourney, and I had to tell him to put up the correct amount for the small blind. You'd never think you'd have to tell him to put up the correct blind amount, lol.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:32 AM Post #12 of 23
I think he's got a lot on his mind lately. He has like $1,000,000 (or something ridiculous) in prop bets that he'll win a bracelet this year and were coming down to the wire, so it doesn't look too good.

For sure he will be playing in the event that I'm playing in, which starts on Monday, and it's just a little $1,500 buy-in event.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

I think he's got a lot on his mind lately. He has like $1,000,000 (or something ridiculous) in prop bets that he'll win a bracelet this year and were coming down to the wire, so it doesn't look too good.

For sure he will be playing in the event that I'm playing in which starts on Monday, and it's just a little $1,500 buy-in event.

Negreanu and Matusow won bracelets this year, so he's due, too.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:39 AM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Negreanu and Matusow won bracelets this year, so he's due, too.

Yeah, the pros are doing quite well this year. Barry Greenstein, Kenny Tran, Eric Lindgren and a number of others have all picked up bracelets.

Jun 28, 2008 at 4:43 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Yeah, the pros are doing quite well this year. Barry Greenstein, Kenny Tran, Eric Lindgren and a number of others have all picked up bracelets.

The latter two getting their first bracelets. ESPN coverage of WSOP '08 is gonna be exciting (as always, my favorite viewing of the year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back