Anyone else hooked on Guild Wars?! -nt-
May 6, 2005 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
(no time for talking, must play)

Biggie.

May 6, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 37
I played the open WOW beta and wasn't impressed. Typical mmorpg yawn fest in my opinion.

Biggie.

May 6, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 37
Not hooked yet - 'cause I've only got it since a couple of hours. But the potential is certainly there - and I've surely been waiting for a Gothic-alike for multiple players quite a bit.

Have you already found out where to get more bags, btw? I need more inventory slots...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 7, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #5 of 37
I think it looks interesting but I'm still too invested in WoW to pick up something else which is basically the same thing spun a little differently.

But I do have a few friends playing GW who claim it's really good. One had a great story about being put into an arena with a couple NPC helpers or henchmen or whatever and told that he would have to fight against another group. So he did that and I guess won a couple times, and then after that it went on to another phase of the game. He still had the same helpers with him and after a few minutes, he thought "Geez, this game has some really good AI...the NPCs are fighting well and even looting corpses." So he said something. And everyone in the group was shocked that they were playing with other PEOPLE they had thought were NPCs. The game just grouped them up without telling them and I guess the player frames look the same for NPCs and other people, so there's no way to tell unless you watch what they do or talk to them. I got a kick out of that one
icon10.gif

May 7, 2005 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 37
haha, if you want to hook up for a group or something, I play as "colour out of space" and "cthulhu dreams" (I share my account with family, so don't harress the others
wink.gif

It's pretty good so far!

May 7, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #9 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
I think I'll pick it up, but I doubt it'll run on my laptop...

Well, that depends on your laptop - as long as it has some half decent graphics accelerator, it's not much of a problem: System requirements are pretty modest compared to WoW (min.: PIII/800, 256 MB, Rad. 8500 or GF3/4MX; rec'd.: PIII/1000, 512 MB, Rad. 9000 or GF4Ti) - so even my el cheapo desktop replacement (P4/2.4, 512 MB, Rad. Mob. 9000) is almost overqualified... Another plus: no extra online fees.

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

May 7, 2005 at 11:13 AM Post #11 of 37
I bought it for a friend today, and from watching her play it for about an hour, I've managed to deduce that the game is more aesthetically pleasing than WoW, and that the in-game UI customization is nice... I dunno, I'll probably pick it up when I've got the money to spare.

~KS

May 7, 2005 at 4:24 PM Post #12 of 37
I got well into the WoW betas, but I knew if I bought retail, it'd probably take over my life. So I stopped the temptation before the addiction kicked in
wink.gif

May 7, 2005 at 9:38 PM Post #13 of 37
When I realized Warcraft 3 and WOW didn't have the magic of all the previous blizzard games, I wondered if maybe the magic had left with former employees, so I researched where former employees had gone and stumbled upon Guild Wars. It definetly has the same magic of those Blizzard games.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Jun 20, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #15 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
We're talking ultraportable here...I saw it today at CompUSA but they didn't have the box design I liked so I refrained from purchasing it.
tongue.gif

Which box design would that be? I've only seen two boxes, the regular one and the collector's edition. The regular one has two sides, one with a female necro and the other with a male warrior but they're the same box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back