anyone else having trouble with buy.com and the er6is???
May 31, 2005 at 8:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

p0ssumjenkins

Head-Fier
so i ordered a set of etys from buy.com and they were in stock when i ordered them (thursday). they have been in stock everyday since (including this very moment as i type). yet i received an email stating the product is on back order. has anyone who ordered last week with the $10 dollar coupon received word on shipment or actually received these yet? thanks

May 31, 2005 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 7
thing is, the product shows up on their site as "ships in 1-2 business days" but they sent me an email stating the product was on back order. iono. theyre confused and it makes me want to punch someone... finals week makes me irritated liek so...
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 31, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #4 of 7
Ive had many problems w/ buy.com, apparently their inventory
system is not real-time.
confused.gif

Also the free-shipping is crapola, the cheapest parcel svc you can think of.

May 31, 2005 at 11:29 PM Post #5 of 7
I received a similar backorder email.

All good scalable web sites are designed to give you reasonable (but not necessarily accurate) information. This is the nature of asynchronous systems.

"Usually ships in 1-2 days" is just that... what "usually" happens, not what's going to happen with your order.

When you place your order, the warehouse has not been checked, nor has your credit card, etc. If circumstances arise that brings things out of the norm, they contact you and let you cancel your order, if you choose to do so.

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 7
ok buy.com is psychotic. when i got home, i received an email from them saying my product was shipped. upon looking up the tracking number, the product not only was shipped, but reached its destination (a friends house, not mine). so evidently buy.com doesnt have the sharpest people at customer service, but i cant complain, theyve shipped the product out in a day and ive received it the next day the first time i got these. and now the second time i got them (first time, it was a gift for a friend)

Jun 1, 2005 at 4:16 PM Post #7 of 7
Got an email from buy.com that my order (placed 5/27) shipped yesterday (5/31) via USPS... so it should show up eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back