Anyone else have KEF speakers?
May 24, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 13
I heard one of the bookshelf models, maybe it's called the Q1, and was really impressed. Those coax tweeter are the real deal. Excellent sound and workmanship. Just a bit out of my budget.

Overall, one of the most highly regarded speaker brand in the world.

May 24, 2005 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by soundboy
I heard one of the bookshelf models, maybe it's called the Q1, and was really impressed. Those coax tweeter are the real deal. Excellent sound and workmanship. Just a bit out of my budget.

Overall, one of the most highly regarded speaker brand in the world.

I just to have the Q1 model until I gave it to my father. They are really good performers and are nearly as good as my current standmounters ( EPOS M5 ) that cost more that 200 dollars more.

May 24, 2005 at 4:54 PM Post #5 of 13
KEF 105.4s here. Spectacular sound, but they need an amp with authority to wake them up. Not recommended for apartment use.
tongue.gif

BW

May 24, 2005 at 5:01 PM Post #6 of 13
My first real speakers, excluding the Solavox TK19s, were Kef Coda Mk II in 1982 - my current speakers are Kef Coda Mk VIII. Great speakers, nice sound and of course British
biggrin.gif

May 24, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Ward
KEF 105.4s here. Spectacular sound, but they need an amp with authority to wake them up. Not recommended for apartment use.
tongue.gif

BW

I remember those big boys - I once heard "Solid Air" by John Martyn on a pair of those - I could not believe the weight of the bass - stunning and as big as a dalek
biggrin.gif

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #8 of 13
I bought a pair of KEF C10 speakers in the late '80, and they're with me since then.  Worth every penny I paid.  So long as there is a solid, wide wall behind them, they are terrific speakers, particularly for classical violin and piano music.  They are perhaps not for rock base sound.  For rock/Jazz, I turn on JBL monitor speakers anyway.   I'm thinking to buy a pair of latest KEF small bookshelf speakers again.  Are they still as good as old ones?   Appreciate any input.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:27 PM Post #9 of 13
I have a set of C25 small 6 1/2" 2 way.....got em cheap off of ebay a couple years ago. Sound nice on thier own but I am now running them with a Bose AM subwoofer in my bedroom.....perfect for that and the Bose sub matches up well with them.

Dec 26, 2014 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 13
Im very fussy and like quality. I also like music to go right through me.

I had a pair of bookshelf C10s when I was 18 years old back in the 1980s, they got THRASHED all day, everyday full blast.They lasted for over 10 years . Friggin amazing sound made the windows vibrate, you wouldn't think the speakers were the size they were.
Absolutely AMAZING quality and loud.

Now im older 30 years later and wealthier I just got me some 150 W floor standing speakers

The new Q floor standing series are even better !! My sound system is better than most the clubs and bars !

I might have to move out to a semi rural location so as not to disturb the nieghbours lol

Dec 26, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #13 of 13
The new Q floor standing series are even better !! My sound system is better than most the clubs and bars !

Nice choice! Congrats! :)

Now all you need is a high quality sub to go with them if you really want that club/bar kind of sound :evil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back