Anyone else getting distortion in FXZ 200?
May 20, 2013 at 7:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jonyoo

500+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi people.

I recently got myself the JVC FXZ 200 (ordered it from amazon Japan) in-ears and I was blown away at my first impression. But after I turned the volume past 60% on my HTC 4G evo I started getting a lot of distortion no matter what I listened to. I tried playing it from my PC and had the same problem. Anyone else having distortion problems with this one? Is mine a defect? If I keep it down for indoor listening it sound beautiful but when I turn it up when I go outside I'm listening to a bunch of cracking and popping noises like it's gonna explode.

What the junk is going on!?

May 21, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:
These needs 500hrs of burn in using heavy bass track on full blast using a portable source after that the diaphragm will be looser with on sibilence and the sound will be natural sounding .hope my info helps.

Really? You sure? Ok I'll try that out and see how it turns out.

May 21, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

I recently got myself the JVC FXZ 200 ... I'm listening to a bunch of cracking and popping noises like it's gonna explode.

no way.... those two segments in the same paragraph just doesn't make sense. Sounds faulty to me, and I dont think burn-in will help with that problem.

even out of the box, these things could take a beating without any pops or distortion. I mean yea, burn-in certainly helps these things shine but its not going to fix any popping or cracking... never once heard distortion on these, even volume maxed...!

May 21, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #7 of 10
i mean just throwing it out there. lower quality mp3 files can effect the performance of the mids lows and highs of iem's or headphones.

it sounds like there might be a defect causing the distortion with your particular iem's or earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back