Anyone Else Ever Been Threatened?? Beware; Long story
Sep 3, 2007 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 61

Contrastique

Headphoneus Supremus
As some of you know I work in a photographyshop and 3 weeks ago came in a costumer with his girlfriend. They were around the age of 22.
They brought in 2 films for developing and printing. 1 Film was good and the other one was really underexposed so we didn't print that film. Because there was something on there we charged 2,95 for developing.
So they came to pick them up and wanted to have 1 pic printed from the bad film. He asked me what one pic would cost and I said 0.39 cents. So they ordered it and walked out to come back in half an hour to collect everything and pay for that.

When they left I realized I should have mentioned the 2,95 he still had to pay for the developing of the film and the 0,39 cents would come on top of that.

So they came back. When I told him the total amount they had to pay was 3,34 euros he completely freaked out. I tried to explain him where the amount came from but he totally lost it. He wanted to leave the film behind and walk out of the shop when my boyfriend (he works there as well) came down and told him to come back. So he came back and started shouting again and throwing juice from the bottle he was holding over my bf.
My other collegue came down and told him to leave. He was like, come outside, we'll have a proper fistscrubbing. My collegue didn't go outside and once more told him to leave. So he finally did.
The girlfriend was still standing at the counter excusing for her bf to freak out like that and she wanted to pay. So we just charged her the 0,39 cents and she went.
1 Minute later the boy came back and stood in front of the shop screaming: "you ****ing whore, you are dead", at me. "My sisters will come after you and finish you off" while slicing his finger along his throat.
I lifted up my tumb like yeah, I'll see you coming.

We did call the cops but they ain't doing anything so that's that.

Last saturday I was walking to my work and a boy came by on his bike. I noticed him looking at me and making all kinds of obscene gestures and screaming like hell at me. I couldn't hear what he was saying since I always wear my hps outside and I was like, who the *** is that, till I remembered that boy from back then.
He didn't do anything further so I walked on till I reached a street I had to go in to and saw him again like 20 meters in front of me. Constantly looking at me. I ignored and walked on. Swapping my music back to an extra agressive song from Marilyn Manson to crank me up a bit.

He went around the corner and there was one final alley I had to go through before reaching the big shopping street where the shop is located.
I went in that alley and finally saw him walking there as well. I wanted to use another route before but I didn't want to let him "win" this by showing him I was scared. So I went on, adrenaline racing through my vains.
He started slowing down and I preyed I would make it till the end of the alley. I kept my speed and when he reached the end of the alley he stopped. So I walked on and when I approached him I looked a tad to his side with a screw-you-look on my face and turned to the left heading to the shop.
When I reached that I noticed he hadn't followed me to there. WAAHHHHHHHH adreline was racing big time!! Jeezz, that was a good start of the day.
It's not that I am scared of a confrontation, I have always dreamt of beating a guy up that bugged me heavily. It's just that boy acted so agressive I don't know he will be just using his fists to put me down.
And if I do manage to put him down, he'll most likely have me hunted down by his whole family ( he was a maroc boy) and already threatened with that. (Don't get me wrong I am not a racist or anything). I fear more of my equip I carry around every day than myself haha! I have to say I do feel less safe now walking out there. I have never had problems with everyone and I don't like to be in a fight with someone. I just wonder if he will always be doing this or one day he'll just forget about it. I was also wondered by the fact he didn't do anything real just provocing me and trying to scare me off.
So anyways, anybody here have encountered a similar situation and if so what happened or did you do?

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:39 PM Post #4 of 61
all of this over a couple of euros?

seriously?
blink.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
all of this over a couple of euros?

seriously?
blink.gif

Yep. I can't understand how someone can be mad over that for such a long time. It was like he was on drugs or something..

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:04 PM Post #6 of 61
"fistscrubbing"

That's funny.

Watch your back, maybe travel with some friends for the time being. If you have a camera and the guy shows up again get some photos of him just in case.

Here in America we have the 2nd Amendment. The Great Equalizer.

Mitch

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 61
Quote:

So anyways, anybody here have encountered a similar situation and if so what happened or did you do?

few times have i ...

Working in clubs I had people waiting for me outside with their friends..
Working in a Grocery store and not giving the store away for some person who starts to call my employees names only to have afterwards them waiting for me outside.
and of course Ex's having someone come after me (only one majorly screwed up moron did this..really screwed up in the head!)

What did I do?
first off to me Fighting is never worth it, so I always try to get myself out of the situation cause at that moment I dont know whats going to happen and what they have on them.
the only time will i Fight is if there is no other option, dont get me wrong I am not scared to fight and I will throw down if needed but i only will if there really is no other option..just defense.
also if i do fight I will make sure i get hit badly enough to give some good cuts on me so I look really pretty in court with pics and police reports. now the ball is in my court and i am going to get paid. i dont mind taking a few hits for a few dollars more in court. this is only when i know the person has nothing on them and they have something i can get, also this is where the saying comes in as "**** with the bull youll get the horns"..you touch me and i will make you pay!
most of the time I just call the cops and if i were you I would call them cause now is when they need to step up and stop this from going further! not sure how it is in your area but around me Cops do not like these kind of people and if you talk to the right cop in my area chances are you wont even have to go to court cause they will take care of it (i love 8th district police!).

dont let them scare you cause that's the game they are playing, then again dont give them the satisfaction and play them back. call the police and tell them this person is getting worse and you feel seriously threatened. but if the prick gets you again take out your camera phone and start snapping video or pics of them cause it will help later and maybe scare them off.
again dont try to fight but if the time comes then go for there balls! take a hit or two on purpose but dont be afraid to stand up and defend yourself.

also if this prick was going to really do anything they would of already done it..sounds like they are playing with you. still get the politics involved now and dont take no from them!

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:25 PM Post #8 of 61
Sounds like you met a jackass with a huge ego who hates women and is bored, looking for a fight he thinks he can win.

I also get the feeling because he got his family involved somehow you are feuding. In his twisted thinking you insulted his honor and now you must pay.

I do not know the laws in your country, but if he got away with that kind of behavior in Morocco do everything you can to show him in polite society such behavior is punished.

Get the police involved EVERY TIME. Get their badge numbers and record the incident. Carry a video recorder. Do not engage him or his family directly verbally or otherwise. Run like hell if you feel threatened, and carry a loud whistle to blow while you run. If you can get a restraining order against him and his family if it gets worse. It is clear by the juice throwing he has no problem assaulting someone (yes that is assault).

But above all let it go even if he does not. Do not let him draw you in to the feud, that is what he wants. He is a coward and is probably used to bullying women.

Best of luck.

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part of living.

Yep, no point in getting too panicky about it

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #11 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"fistscrubbing"

That's funny.

Watch your back, maybe travel with some friends for the time being. If you have a camera and the guy shows up again get some photos of him just in case.

Here in America we have the 2nd Amendment. The Great Equalizer.

Mitch

Oh yeah, it'd be much better off if they both had guns.
rolleyes.gif

(I'm not against the 2nd Amendment by any means but this would definitely not be a place to enforce it.
tongue.gif
)

(I know you were joking.
wink.gif
)

Sep 3, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #12 of 61
A grunge over few euros?
Yeah, part of living, especially you're in retail business, all kind thing happens.
Do some weight training. They will not do that to you when you looks like the Anold Schwarzenegger.
tongue.gif

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #13 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Part of living.

Death threats and being stalked a "part of living"? I would hate to have your life.

Sep 3, 2007 at 8:28 PM Post #14 of 61
Wow, "echt zielig" like we say here, getting that worked up over such a small amount.
Based on what you said about the guy, I wouldn't put it past him to come back at night with some goons sooner or later and start throwing in windows.
frown.gif

I'd notify the police if the guy comes back and behaves out of line again, especially if you feel threatened.

Sep 3, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #15 of 61
restraining order?

Might not do much, but couldn't hurt to have.

Plus if he does do something to you, the restraining order will back you up in court.

or if you want to be a bit juvenile, do dumb stuff like putting sugar in the ol' gas tank, potato in the exhaust pipe, termite over the gas tank or on the hood,... find out where he lives and throw a rock through the window perhaps with a letter on it?

I don't recommend the juvenile route.

Also carry a can of pepper spay with you, if you will he will hurt you.

Spray him once and kick him in the shins or bash your head into his nose. Painful spots to be hit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back