Anyone else disappointed by Apple's iPod updates
Sep 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #31 of 48
I'm happy they did not make much changes with the itouch coz I was in the process of selling mine and the specs did not change much. In fact, my 16 gb (for another night) is no longer available which helped my sale. Its sold now.

After the meet, Steve Jobs said that the itouch is looked at by consumers as more of a gaming platform and a mini computer. Hence the logic of increased capacity and battery life as the refresher rather than adding a camera which was what everyone was expecting. As for me, my primary reason for purchasing the itouch was for its ipod capability. The nano has added a video camera instead of a still camera coz its size is too thin to accommodate a still camera. Since every product has its own lifecycle perhaps the itouch in its current form has still some life left. It may undergo a refresher next year perhaps and include a camera. The internal breakdowns of the current model suggests a slot for camera with the next release.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #34 of 48
I guess I'm the only person who thinks the touch SUCKS as a gaming platform. Lack of buttons kills it for most games. Unless you LIKE tap tap tapping that screen.. ugh.. still at least it's getting a better processor.
I'd have preferred GPS myself

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:47 AM Post #35 of 48
I'm actually somewhat relieved that there's no bigger changes. Now I don't have to consider updating my iTouch 2G.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:03 AM Post #36 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by craiglester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess I'm the only person who thinks the touch SUCKS as a gaming platform. Lack of buttons kills it for most games. Unless you LIKE tap tap tapping that screen.. ugh.. still at least it's getting a better processor.
I'd have preferred GPS myself

I had the original iPhone and games are definitely fun but I wouldn't buy an "mp3" player just because it can play games. I want the best experience possibly for my music and going to the App store and buying games doesn't scream "let me go buy it" to me. Ah well maybe there will be some media player that cares about the music and not the bells and whistles that go with it.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #38 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am glad the brought back the 160 Gb iPod. Cheers.

I'm glad about that also. I wish that Apple would come out with a 160GB+ (240GB) iPod Touch. I also agree with many around Head-Fi that there should be an "Audiophile Edition" iPod.

Sep 12, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #39 of 48
As long as you need a program to transfer files to a ipod, and it has no support for flac, ogg, wma it will suck in my eyes.

I like how iAudio works, just plug it in with a mini-usb->usb cable, Drag files, enjoy. No need for itunes or converting popular music formats. iPod might be good, but it is still way to "restricted" in my eyes.

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #40 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as you need a program to transfer files to a ipod, and it has no support for flac, ogg, wma it will suck in my eyes.

I actually prefer using the iPod/iTunes combination, because frankly, I find it easier to do music/video file management with iTunes than using other players and having to wrestle around with the somewhat clunky Windows Media Player 11 found in Windows Vista.

Given that Apple has 78% of the market for portable music players, they pretty much set the standard anyway. Indeed, I would not be surprised that very soon we may see albums released in the Apple Lossless format, mostly because a large fraction of iPods out there already can play back Apple Lossless encoded music files.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 12, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

I find it easier to do music/video file management with iTunes than using other players and having to wrestle around with the somewhat clunky Windows Media Player 11 found in Windows Vista.

Who says anything about WMP for synching? You've got all your need to "sync" to a Rockboxe DAP. It's called copy and paste. Whole lot can be done in three key presses and a mouse click.

CTRL A
CTRL C
Click on DAP drive
CTRL V

or in dos box

xcopy *.* c:\music d:\music /s

Sep 12, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who says anything about WMP for synching? You've got all your need to "sync" to a Rockboxe DAP. It's called copy and paste. Whole lot can be done in three key presses and a mouse click.

CTRL A
CTRL C
Click on DAP drive
CTRL V

or in dos box

xcopy *.* c:\music d:\music /s

Why would you it that complicated? Copy & Paste is for pure hardcores! Drag'n'drop is the new thing
wink.gif
Just drag any folder from the HDD and drop it wherever you want it on the PAD
wink.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #43 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad about that also. I wish that Apple would come out with a 160GB+ (240GB) iPod Touch. I also agree with many around Head-Fi that there should be an "Audiophile Edition" iPod.

x2

Sep 13, 2009 at 7:16 AM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bredin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why would you it that complicated? Copy & Paste is for pure hardcores! Drag'n'drop is the new thing
wink.gif
Just drag any folder from the HDD and drop it wherever you want it on the PAD
wink.gif

Wouldn't get very far copying flac to DAP before "insufficient disc space" box pops up.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #45 of 48
ive given up on apple products, they have a few years ago been the best [i dont like apple but have to agree] the first iphone, first ipdos, nano] now i think the competition has caught up and i can now get something where i dont have to use itunes,

thats why im going for the new nokia n900 over the 3gs when it comes out october no more itunes is plus [and the pricing]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back