Anyone else buy both the Turbines and the TripleFi 10 from Amazon?
Nov 30, 2010 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oregon

100+ Head-Fier
Bought both of them, so far just have the Turbines. They are a big step up from my ADDIEM that crackle constantly (I think it has to do with ear wax getting inside it). As expected the bass is very strong, probably too strong imo, but still sound awesome for most songs. It is very finicky with the flange tips, requiring the correct placement or else the bass is not good. Overall not as good as my Grado SR225i's (as expected) which were much more detailed. I do really like the fit on these though. So far I have just been using the small flange tips and these are the first IEM that actually stays in my ear. I can sit for hours without needing to readjust. It does get sore but it doesn't come out, even when walking to class. I'm guessing other tips may be more comfortable.

What is the verdict on Turbine vs TripleFi? Do Turbines compare in any way? I'll probably just keep one of these and sell the other cheap to some lucky headfier :)

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 6
You probably have the regular Turbines, which are probably not in the same league as the TF10. I would have to put the Copper/Miles Davis/Golds in the same league though.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 6
I did purchase both of them as they were pretty decent deals (Especially the TF10s) But I have to say I love the clarity and instrument separation of my TF10s. MT are really bass heavy for me and the soundstage is a little constricted compared to the TF10s. Hard to compare since TF10s would far outweigh the MTs.

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 6
I also bought them both, I too find MT too deep bass for me but still within acceptable range. Waiting for the TF10 to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back