Anyone crazy enough to...
Jul 12, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #16 of 28
Anyone know where to get a cheap, but good CD/MP3 player in Boston? Been looking up places, buy cheapest I can find a CD/MP3 player is Walmart. Any give me suggestions and comments on the ones I'm thinking about buying.....

Feel free to add your own recomendations, but it should preferably be bought at a brick & mortar and below $50.

Jul 13, 2005 at 12:19 AM Post #17 of 28
I highly recommend the DNE320 CD/mp3 player. It's currently selling for US$60 and worth the few extra dollars. Circuit City currently has them for US$59.99. Best Buy has them for US$57.99. Radio Shack has them for US$59.99. It really is worth the extra $10. Search for threads on the DNE300/DNE320.

By the way, the current weather in Toronto is awfull, especially downtown!

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #19 of 28
Are you going to be crossing through New Hampshire? I live about half an hour from Boston and whenever I buy anything (not online, that is) I always go to Nashua, NH, which is right next to the border. The city has a nice couple blocks of most large retail stores (Best Buy, CC, CompUSA, Costco, Tweeter, etc.) and there's no sales tax in NH either.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:26 AM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by dames
Are you going to be crossing through New Hampshire? I live about half an hour from Boston and whenever I buy anything (not online, that is) I always go to Nashua, NH, which is right next to the border. The city has a nice couple blocks of most large retail stores (Best Buy, CC, CompUSA, Costco, Tweeter, etc.) and there's no sales tax in NH either.

Lemme check with my dad. I probably will, so I may drop by some stores. BTW, does Walmart carry any good PCDPs other than the ones I listed above? Cuz Walmart is the cheapest place I've seen so far to get a PCDP.

Jul 13, 2005 at 2:29 AM Post #21 of 28
Nope, going on I-90. Coming from Toronto, not Montreal. And quick question: is Salem in New Hampshire? My sister's addicted to all that witch crap, so we're gonna go to Salem for probably a day. And are there any major stores therer too?

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:06 AM Post #22 of 28
K, is it safe to assume the DNE319 is the same player as the DNE320, but without the remote?

DNE319
DNE319.jpg

DNE320
DNE320PSWHITE.jpg

Jul 13, 2005 at 3:30 AM Post #24 of 28
Is the parametric EQ worth $10 extra? I usually listen to music with a flat EQ, so I don't see how an EQ will benefit me. And anyone been to a Sony Outlet Store lately? Just found out I'm gonna pay a visit to the outlet mall 40 min south of Boston. Just want to know how much cheaper prices are there.

Jul 13, 2005 at 5:44 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter
Nope, going on I-90. Coming from Toronto, not Montreal. And quick question: is Salem in New Hampshire? My sister's addicted to all that witch crap, so we're gonna go to Salem for probably a day. And are there any major stores therer too?

No, it's in MA. I don't think there are many stores there except for gift shops.

As for Walmart, I dunno. I don't really go there too often, and I've never looked at PCDPs, instead just jumping straight to my Vaio Pocket.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:04 AM Post #27 of 28
I don't see how an equalizer would help, if you don't usually use one. However, you said you are getting a Shure e2c. If there is a possibility that you might use the equalizer with those, you may want to spend the extra $10. If not, just get a cheap mp3 CD player. You are on a budget, right? It won't be audiophile grade, but it will do for road trips, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back