Anyone catch Flaming Lips on Letterman??
Mar 31, 2006 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Masonjar

Headphoneus Supremus
I caught the last 20 seconds because I was over on Leno watching the hottie from the Office (rowr).

Anyway, what I heard sounded really good. Wayne was actually singing in a voice we haven't heard in years... hopefully this new record will have some gonads. From what I've read so far, I'm really psyched for next week..

-jar

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:14 PM Post #2 of 9
I personally thought it sounded pretty bad, but the reviews on the flaming lips yahoo group were good. I prefer the album version. But this album is REALLY good, they're playing as a band again, instead of being more of a studio creation.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:29 PM Post #4 of 9
i really like the record, buts its getting mixed reviews among Lips fans. Some even hate it. I think its great, and as the weather gets nicer it will be even better!

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 9
Hmmm...I've only heard W.A.N.D. and Mr. Ambulance Driver - both I liked. W.A.N.D. especially - a great little noise song keep with the Lip's tradition.

Can't wait for Tuesday!

What song did they do on Letterman?

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:49 PM Post #7 of 9
I caught their set at the Langerado Music Festival. The most fun I've had a show in a while. The did Bohemian Rhapsody and had the entire crowd singing. In the beginning, Wayne Coyne came out on top of the crowd in a bubble. They were just a lot of fun.

Mar 31, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
I caught the last 20 seconds because I was over on Leno watching the hottie from the Office (rowr).

Haha. This is exactly what happened to me. I saw the late night schedule and knew that the Lips would be on Letterman, but I wanted to see Jenna Fischer on Leno because I'm a big fan of The Office. And after her interview ended it slipped my mind to change the channel to see the Lips and I muted the TV and went back to listening to my brand new K701's.

A similar problem occured the night before when Yeah Yeah Yeahs were performing on Letterman and The Strokes on Leno. Generally I would pick to see YYY's anyday over The Strokes, but The Strokes played "You Only Live Once" and I actually really dig that song. It turned out OK though because the YYY's started slightly earlier so I got to see the majority of both performances.
icon10.gif

Apr 1, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #9 of 9
More Lip's news...

Guys/girls don't foget theat Tuesday, there will also be a At War With the Mystics Deluxe Edition released similar to the Yoshimi and Soft Bulletin Deluxe Editions...that means 5.1 woo hoo. Won't have to wait 2 years for this one.

Also in case of any Lips's fans missed it, "20 Years of Weird" was released March 06 - a collection of live tracks and rarities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back