Anyone can help for 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter

1. qingjingyaxuan
    Hi all

I have a pair of ak t8ie, recently the original 3.5mm cable broke. I am not able to buy a new cable from A&K.
    Then I found there is 2.5mm cable with t8ie, I tried several 2.5mm female to 3.5mm male adapter, but only one side
    of earphone has sound. Anyone knows the reason?

Thanks!

2. Mizicke5273
    From Astell&Kern's Website:
    "Includes 3.5mm single ended & 2.5mm balanced cables"

Is the 2.5mm cable you have balanced?

3. qingjingyaxuan
    Yeah, it is the 2.5mm balanced cables from Astell&Kern. But I need to use it with iphone, so I need a 3.5mm adapter. However all the
    adapter I tried not working.

4. Mizicke5273
    Have you tried an adapter that is single ended to balanced? Or was it just a plain 2.5mm to 3.5mm single ended adapter?

5. JohnSD
    That is odd, there is no reason for a 3.5mm male to 2.5mm F adapter not to work if it is wired up correctly on the inside. The most common problem we have seen is that the tolerance on those tiny 2.5mm parts is so tight they occasionally do not seat properly (don't line up exactly right), but that happens pretty rarely.

My guess is that the adapters you are trying might be intended for cell phones with a microphone input, in that case they would not work. The adapters should be for unbalanced audio to balanced audio.

6. technobear
    iBasso CA01

7. artpiggo
    Effect audio 2.5 - 3.5 is good.

8. qingjingyaxuan
    Maybe you are right, the adapters I bought may be intended for microphone input. I will try some audio adapters. Thnx