1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody try both the ultrasone proline 750s and stax srm001 mk2

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by kertong, Oct 15, 2008.
  1. kertong
    Hey folks,

I currently use a fubar ii usb dac -> stax srm001 mk2 at work, and I'm looking for a more open/expansive sound. This is a work environment, so open headphones (or even the sony pfr-v1), is out of the question. [​IMG] I like the stax a lot, though I had to EQ them a bit to decrease the midrange emphasis and mitigate the treble roll off. The bass extension is nice, though I feel it lacks a bit of attack/punch, for some reason.

The ultrasone proline 750 caught my eye, as they claim a more open soundstage with s-logic (though this claim seems a bit dubious). I've read very positive things on their bass extension and speed, though the mids and treble just seem average.

So, I've been searching this forum a lot, and the proline 750 seems to be either a love it or hate it thing. My question is: compared to the baby stax, how do they stack up? If anybody has heard both, I'd love to hear your impressions!

Oh - I primarily listen to electronic, rock/alternative, and vocals (krall, norah jones, john lennon, etc). Occassional jazz and classical pieces as well.