Anybody in Canada able to resolder the cable on the left side of my Grado SR100 ?
Sep 20, 2007 at 9:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Killercrush

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi everyone !

The connection on the left side of my Grado SR100 is cutting off if I don't hold the cable so I'm basically looking for someone in Canada who can just resolder the wire, keeping the same cable.

I can supply you a small amount to cover the time spent and for the shipping back to me.

I would prefer someone who already has experience in cracking a pair of Grado open.

Thanks !

Sep 20, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 8
It's easy to crack a grado open, i did this with success on my pair of SR325 without too much effort. But you gotta be EXTREMELY cautious with the soldering as the Grado driver tend to burn easily!

Sep 21, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #3 of 8
Anyone ?!
frown.gif

Sep 22, 2007 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawnGnome /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely shouldn't be too hard a task at all. Just a quick touch of the iron should do it.

I noticed desoldering the existing wires cleanly took longer than soldering on the new ones... so a slight touch-up of the existing connection shouldn't be problematic (but I would use a bit of extra flux so the solder doesn't need as much heat to reflow)

Sep 23, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #6 of 8
Hey Killercrush,

I guess I fit the requirements of having cracked open a Grado, having a soldering gun, but the thing is I'm a bit afraid of screwing up your limited edition SR100s. If no one else steps up, I suppose I could give it a shot.

Sep 23, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #7 of 8
Thanks, I appreciate your offer !

I'll let myself some time to think about how I'm gonna do this.

The SR100 aren't so special compared to the current Prestige Series except they have HP1000 drivers, black metal mesh, black driver cloth, leather steel-rod headband, don't have that little black thing on the cups holder and sound a lot better than the John Grado's IMO, save for the GS-1000 and PS-1.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back