Anybody here played "Einhander" for Playstation?
Mar 17, 2006 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

SennFan

500+ Head-Fier
This used to be my favorite game a few years back. NOw I have XBox 360, but had an urge to play Einhander so I looked on Ebay to buy it and they're selling for $40!!!!!!!!

This game was never really popular among my friends or anyone I knew, it was always under the radar for the most part

I called my local EB and the guy there said that they sell it for $35!

Mind you, there are Playstation systems with 10+ games selling for this much.

Anyways, how awesome is this game? Probably the best side-scrolling shooter I've ever played (or at least the most fun imo).

cover_einhander.gif

Mar 17, 2006 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 15
Mar 17, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #4 of 15
Ah yes, Shmupers... I used to be really huge into this, from 1945 to 19xx, R-type to R-type Leo, Metal Slug to Metal Slug 4, Gunstar Heroes to Ikaruga, Zerowing to Gradius to Raiden to Zedblade to BangaiO, Gigawing to Mars Matrix... Probably a ton others I can't seem to think of right now... This used to be one of my top 5 genres, loved the hell out of these quick reflex games with their screen filling bosses and weaving throughout thousands of bullets, not a whole lot better in my opinion!

Make sure to give some of the classic names I mentioned a try if you are into this sort of thing, a lot of it can be found at arcades, laundromats, or on consoles, if you are saavy, you can even emulate a huge amount of them. Have fun!

Catch you later,
Id

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 15
Einhander was REALLY REALLY good. I vividly remember thinking it was one of the best games I'd ever play when I was playing it the first time.

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:32 AM Post #7 of 15
Wow, okay, so we've got an avid fan of the shoot em upper! Awesome, don't ever run into many fans of the genre, so I guess that's all I can say haha. Einhander was a pretty cool concept like you said, not totally original, very R-Type/Axelay with the weapon configurations, but it was a pretty breath taking experience, the only other 3D shooters at the time were Darius Gaiden for Saturn and Raiden for Playstation I think. Heck, the music was pretty damn cool too! Yeah, the era when Einhander came out was an awesome one for Square, can't say the same for the new Square- Enix "Squenix" merger though. I really missed the games like FFVII/IX, Brave Fencer Musashi, Bushido Blade, Einhander, Chrono Cross, Tobal and such. Heck even FFVIII was pretty fun and epic too. These days it seems Square's too busy selling out and cashing in on VII. Hell I'd rather have them expand on the VI franchise, and speaking of which it's been 6 years since FFX the last real non online Final Fantasy what's up with that? At least we gamers get Dragon Quest out of the equation
rolleyes.gif

Catch you later,
Id

Mar 17, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
, and speaking of which it's been 6 years since FFX the last real non online Final Fantasy what's up with that?

wow..6 years?? at first this made me think of how old i've gotten, but no that can't be right. Was I really 12 years old when ffx was released? No way...

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #10 of 15
I just looked up Final Fantasy X's release date at it was December 17 2001 making it only 4 years and 3 months old (but still a very long time!).

On the topic, although its already been mentioned but Ikaruga is my favorite scrolling shooter out of them all. For me it was very hard but balanced by being very intense and rewarding. To me this is the game that all shooters by Treasure werre leading up to. Of course please take that opinion with a whole salt lick for I'm sure that many people don't see it that way.

Mar 17, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #11 of 15
I've only played the demo of Einhander, but I loved it! I really ought to go find it at some point. It really is a fun game.

Mar 17, 2006 at 12:01 PM Post #13 of 15
It is a good game. How often do giant police robots tell you that they're going to kill you in German?

It ranks right up there with Gate Of Thunder for the Turbo-Grafx16

Mar 17, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock&Roll Ninja
It is a good game. How often do giant police robots tell you that they're going to kill you in German?

It ranks right up there with Gate Of Thunder for the Turbo-Grafx16

That's right! I remember I was taking German in highschool at the time, and I was absolutely THRILLED that I could understand them!

Mar 20, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #15 of 15
Einhander rocks man. I owned it, played it, and I'm sure it's still kicking around my parents house somewhere. 40$ eh? I might have to see if I can dig it up and sell it on ebay...
biggrin.gif

Slade

Users who are viewing this thread

Back