Anybody else having trouble accessing Head-Fi?
Oct 1, 2004 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
An hour or so ago I noticed that I could no longer access any parts of the forums, in Firefox I would either not change pages or in IE get a 404 error message. I can only access the Head-Fi home page. I've had issues with Earthlink, who's my ISP, before and tried Anonymizer to see if it was a Head-Fi problem or a problem on my end and given that I'm logged in using Anonymizer and able to type this message I'm assuming that it is an Earthlink issue. Anybody else using Earthlink and having problems accessing the forums?

Edit: I should also mention that I'm on Earthlink DSL provided by Covad, so my Internet connection seems to be entirely through them. Earthlink seems to only provide the email services and Usenet services.

Oct 1, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 22
PM's down for me.. other then that everything works perfectly fine

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #3 of 22
I just noticed the PM issue, too. It shows the now infamous "There seems to have been a slight problem with the Head-Fi database." that we all remember from back when Head-Fi was on a leased server. Wonder if my issue might be related to that somehow, although they don't seem related at all.

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #5 of 22
Yep, it's working for me now too. Must have been an Earthlink issue then. Maybe Earthlink decided we're all spending too much time here and they need to block access to it, but got too many protest calls (not from me, though)
biggrin.gif

Edit: PM box is working now too, so maybe it was a Head-Fi issue...
confused.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #6 of 22
I was unable to as well actually. head-fi.org loaded, but not the forums. I'm on Verizon.
tongue.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 22
You are not alone. (Verizon)

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:35 AM Post #10 of 22
I'm not sure what I'm on (don't read into that) but I couldn't get in here for about two hours or so. Fine now.

Oct 1, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #13 of 22
I also couldn't acess any of the boards, just the main page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back