Any thoughts on the Focal Spirit One
Mar 19, 2013 at 4:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

holbech

New Head-Fier
So i just ordered the Focal Spirit One, and i was wondering what people are thinking about this pair of headphones.
As i've read it, it's great for a basshead?

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #2 of 7
Not the bassiest closed headphone around, but bassier than most of the popular 'premium portable' headphones (Senn Momentum, Sony MDR-1R, UE6000, AKG K550 etc)
I liked the sound from it quite a lot. Smooth clear sound and good timbre. 

I think it has a good balance of authoritative deep bass without bleeding into the mids and over-powering the rest of the sound. A good compromise for any basshead I think.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #4 of 7
As far as I've noticed, treble extension is very good with them still. I haven't really noticed highs being lackluster or missing with them. Spirit Ones tend to lean towards a darkish bass side with the sound, but the highs are still there. Treble is on the soft side and a bit more quiet compared to headphones with more flat response or emphasized treble. I haven't been bothered by any sibilance issues during the ~6 months I've had them at least.

May 19, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #7 of 7
I auditioned them 2 days ago. Against Momentums, DT880 and PSB M4u2-1.

For me they came in second place with the Momentums, price wise I would buy the Focals over the Momentums, but from a style and durability perspective....the Sennheiser. The top spot went to the PSB. Boy did they sound good.

I really was already so set on the Focals when I thought I give the PSB a try. Glad I did.. The PSB are on number 1 spot on my want list and I hope I only have to wait for around 48 hours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back